We just came back from our honeymoon at the Matangi/Matagi Island resort. This is a great place to spend your honeymoon if you are not into the dancing, drinking, partying type of honeymoon. Also, if you are looking for a hotel room that is perfectly manicure, this is not the island. It is a bit rustic, and it is absolutely beautiful and untouched. You will find a little ants and lizards there, but hey, it is a little island, those are little creatures that living amoung us. There are roosters, toads, and land crabs. I heard the roosters, and saw the toads, I never saw the land crabs. My hubby and I have an absolutely fantastic time there.
Maggie, Bibi, Paulini, Marika(You are the man) and Kay, you are beautiful people. You made our trip feel so comfortable and my hubby was ready to stay another week, too bad I ran out of vacation days already.
There is a huge coral reef right outside of the deck from the restaurant. It is maybe 20 feets from the beach. Beacutiful, colorful corals and fishes, and creatures are everywhere.
They sing you songs and give you lei when you leave the island. They send you off like a family member. Overall, this is an amazing trip for the price. Hey they even arrange people to pick you up and take you shopping when you stay in Nadi, there are a lot of con artists. I was conned happily, it is only a little money, but we had so much fun getting conned. Hmmm Kava anyone??
By the way, the Owner of the island is a nice lady(She adopted a few dogs and animals that would otherwise by drowned), except she does yell and scold the staff, which I feel bad for the Staffs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 240-acre private island paradise paradise situated in the Northeast of the Fiji Group of Islands. A small boutique island resort featuring only 9 bungalows and 3 unique tree houses. Catering to adults only, Matangi Island is the ideal couples retreat offering a wide variety of activities including snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, hiking, spa services, and fine dining. Matangi Island's Horseshoe Bay was featured in '1,000 Places To See Before You Die' by Patricia Schultz. ISLANDS Magazine also rated Matangi as one of the 'Best Private Islands'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Matangi Private Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matangi Private Island Hotel Matangi Island
- Matangi Island Private Hotel
- Matangi Island Private Resort