We stayed here for 2 nights in February and had a really nice time. The room was clean and well presented, and the towels were huge. The staff were friendly and welcoming and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. Breakfast each morning was delicious and freshly cooked to order with a good choice of cereals, fruit and yoghurt to choose from as well. We ate in both nights, the first in the restaurant as the bar was full, and the quality and quantity of the food was first rate. There were plenty of options on the menu, the spicy beef stew and the pork burger are highly recommended, the burger comes with home made chips that are very good. It was an ideal base for walking along the nearby Manifold Trail and also only a short walk into Hartington village with it's tea room and cheese shop. If you want to leave the car after you've parked up and unpacked it's located on the 442 bus route, which stops outside, and runs between Ashbourne and Buxton if you fancy a trip a little further afield. The Manifold is undergoing a refurbishment but this did not affect our stay as the work seemed to be carried out during office hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manifold Inn is a delightful 200 year old coaching inn and restaurant that offers warm hospitality and quality home cooked food for visitors to the beautiful White Peak. The mellow stone inn is positioned within its own grounds nestling on the banks of the Manifold River, opposite The Old Toll House which used to serve the turnpike and river ford. This beautiful listed building is positioned close to a number of popular walking and cycling routes, including the Manifold Trail, set amongst the famous Staffordshire Moorlands and Derbyshire Dales which offer some of England's most natural and unspoilt scenery. The Manifold Inn is the perfect place to use as a base for exploring the surrounding natural countryside of the White Peak area or to visit the local Market towns of Bakewell & Ashbourne or Spa towns of Buxton & Matlock and their surrounding attractions. Open all year round and all days most of the year we offer our guests a range of Ales, Larger, Cider, Wines and Soft Drinks. We serve a traditional English Breakfast to guests and in the Summer to Campers. A Lunch Menu is available and during the Summer a Snack Menu if you are just looking for a quick bite to eat. A full Dinner Menu and Wine List is available to be served in our Bar, Conservatory, Snug or Restaurant. We can cater for Dinner Party groups for around 40 guests. We offer 10 en-suite hotel rooms and a 2 bedroom holiday cottage to guests. We often have bookings from large family groups attending a birthday and wedding or walking and cycling groups who want to get to together and enjoy a weekend in the beautiful local area around the River Manifold. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Manifold Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manifold Hotel Hartington
- The Manifold Inn Hartington, United Kingdom