We booked a KGB deal, two nights with a two course meal for £79 and were not disappointed.
As stated in other reviews the premises is slightly isolated but this was to our liking, there are places to walk nearby and there are nice views from the building. The Inn is also a handy base for exploring other areas of the Peak District.
On arrival we had a pleasant greeting and were actually shown to our room, unlike other places who point you in the general direction and leave you to get on with it, we thought this was a nice touch.
Due to a bit of building work going on we had been upgraded to a suite (room 10) which we very much appreciated.
The room itself was very big, clean, well appointed and nicely decorated and warmed up very quickly. A well stocked hospitality tray, kettle, big soft towels, toiletries and dressing gowns were provided in the room.
The bathroom was large spotlessly clean and had a bath with a shower over it.
The bar area was quaint and nicely decorated and the restaurant area was equally well appointed. Despite it being February the whole premises was nice and warm.
We had our pre paid meal on the first night and had a good choice from the menu provided for the deal. The food was excellent and the portions were generous...no room for dessert!!
Breakfast on both mornings was excellent, a full English is provided as are other combinations to suit your fancy. Cereals, fruit and fruit juices are also provided. The quality of the breakfast ingredients were excellent and my full english was cooked to perfection...compliments to the chef!
We ate in the bar on our second night, again the food was top class and the portions were extremely generous. The menu was varied and offered a large choice of dishes. The prices are extremely reasonable as well.
The waiting staff at breakfast and evening were excellent, very efficient and pleasant, although they were busy they took time to chat as they went about their duties and are a credit to the premises and management alike.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Manifold Inn without hesitation and would like to return, maybe in the summer when we could take advantage of the outside seating area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manifold Inn is a delightful 200 year old coaching inn and restaurant that offers warm hospitality and quality home cooked food for visitors to the beautiful White Peak. The mellow stone inn is positioned within its own grounds nestling on the banks of the Manifold River, opposite The Old Toll House which used to serve the turnpike and river ford. This beautiful listed building is positioned close to a number of popular walking and cycling routes, including the Manifold Trail, set amongst the famous Staffordshire Moorlands and Derbyshire Dales which offer some of England's most natural and unspoilt scenery. The Manifold Inn is the perfect place to use as a base for exploring the surrounding natural countryside of the White Peak area or to visit the local Market towns of Bakewell & Ashbourne or Spa towns of Buxton & Matlock and their surrounding attractions. Open all year round and all days most of the year we offer our guests a range of Ales, Larger, Cider, Wines and Soft Drinks. We serve a traditional English Breakfast to guests and in the Summer to Campers. A Lunch Menu is available and during the Summer a Snack Menu if you are just looking for a quick bite to eat. A full Dinner Menu and Wine List is available to be served in our Bar, Conservatory, Snug or Restaurant. We can cater for Dinner Party groups for around 40 guests. We offer 10 en-suite hotel rooms and a 2 bedroom holiday cottage to guests. We often have bookings from large family groups attending a birthday and wedding or walking and cycling groups who want to get to together and enjoy a weekend in the beautiful local area around the River Manifold. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Manifold Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manifold Hotel Hartington
- The Manifold Inn Hartington, United Kingdom