Had a couple of peaceful nights away with a friend to view the Peak District and this place was just the ticket! Our room (no.8) was clean, bright and comfortable with all the amenities we needed - good hot shower, quality linen and towels, tv, tea & coffee making facilities. The room was exceptionally warm with the added benefit of a thermostat on the radiator to control the temperature. Staff were friendly and obliging serving up nicely presented tasty food.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would sincerely recommend this hotel.
ps. When sight seeing don't over look the village of Hartington a mile or so up the road - very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manifold Inn is a delightful 200 year old coaching inn and restaurant that offers warm hospitality and quality home cooked food for visitors to the beautiful White Peak. The mellow stone inn is positioned within its own grounds nestling on the banks of the Manifold River, opposite The Old Toll House which used to serve the turnpike and river ford. This beautiful listed building is positioned close to a number of popular walking and cycling routes, including the Manifold Trail, set amongst the famous Staffordshire Moorlands and Derbyshire Dales which offer some of England's most natural and unspoilt scenery. The Manifold Inn is the perfect place to use as a base for exploring the surrounding natural countryside of the White Peak area or to visit the local Market towns of Bakewell & Ashbourne or Spa towns of Buxton & Matlock and their surrounding attractions. Open all year round and all days most of the year we offer our guests a range of Ales, Larger, Cider, Wines and Soft Drinks. We serve a traditional English Breakfast to guests and in the Summer to Campers. A Lunch Menu is available and during the Summer a Snack Menu if you are just looking for a quick bite to eat. A full Dinner Menu and Wine List is available to be served in our Bar, Conservatory, Snug or Restaurant. We can cater for Dinner Party groups for around 40 guests. We offer 10 en-suite hotel rooms and a 2 bedroom holiday cottage to guests. We often have bookings from large family groups attending a birthday and wedding or walking and cycling groups who want to get to together and enjoy a weekend in the beautiful local area around the River Manifold. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Manifold Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manifold Hotel Hartington
- The Manifold Inn Hartington, United Kingdom