I'm not sure where to pitch this review. Arrived friday night to a busy pub and restaurant. The room was basic with double bed and clean ensuite shower. We ate and I would say the food was good. My steak and the fish dish was very nice. the real chips alsop a nice touch. The service was slow but it was very busy. Breakfast was good with the cooked breakfast being well thought out. The kitchen also made us a few sandwiches to take out for the day. The problems started saturday evening when the place was even busier. My curry dish was mediocre with packet naan burnt to a crisp and packet rice to boot. Worse still my husbands lasagne was stone cold. The bat was rammed and the staff ruin of f their feet. Over all I think the room was over priced at 90 per night but I guess thats the peak district. My advice would be put an outside bar in to deal with the peak times and check what comes out the kitchen! The staff were pleasant and helpful and most apologetic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manifold Inn is a delightful 200 year old coaching inn and restaurant that offers warm hospitality and quality home cooked food for visitors to the beautiful White Peak. The mellow stone inn is positioned within its own grounds nestling on the banks of the Manifold River, opposite The Old Toll House which used to serve the turnpike and river ford. This beautiful listed building is positioned close to a number of popular walking and cycling routes, including the Manifold Trail, set amongst the famous Staffordshire Moorlands and Derbyshire Dales which offer some of England's most natural and unspoilt scenery. The Manifold Inn is the perfect place to use as a base for exploring the surrounding natural countryside of the White Peak area or to visit the local Market towns of Bakewell & Ashbourne or Spa towns of Buxton & Matlock and their surrounding attractions. Open all year round and all days most of the year we offer our guests a range of Ales, Larger, Cider, Wines and Soft Drinks. We serve a traditional English Breakfast to guests and in the Summer to Campers. A Lunch Menu is available and during the Summer a Snack Menu if you are just looking for a quick bite to eat. A full Dinner Menu and Wine List is available to be served in our Bar, Conservatory, Snug or Restaurant. We can cater for Dinner Party groups for around 40 guests. We offer 10 en-suite hotel rooms and a 2 bedroom holiday cottage to guests. We often have bookings from large family groups attending a birthday and wedding or walking and cycling groups who want to get to together and enjoy a weekend in the beautiful local area around the River Manifold. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and Orbitz so you can book your The Manifold Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manifold Hotel Hartington
- The Manifold Inn Hartington, United Kingdom