Parsons House B&B(Hartington)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,195 results
All reviewsthe pubboth nightspeak districtbuy a gift vouchergenerous portionsnight breakhulme endbuyagift vouchermodern bathroomwalk in showerlovely roomwet roomhuge bedfull englishshort breaksteak nightan evening meal
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

When arriving here the pub looked nice, inside and out. We then sat down to pick our meals with a nice choice and so far a good experience. When mu group had chosen our food we then went to the bar to order our food, after around a few minute wait a blonde haired lady appeared who I said hello to and smiled which created an akward situation as she just looked with a pad in her hand and no smile. Assuming she wanted my order i asked if card was excepted, not expecting to be answered so rudely, as if it was bad I was paying by card. When eventually my order was figured out she walked off although I had only ordered one meal and there clearly a group around me, who wanted food, all we could see was her back. After eventually grabbing her attention the rest of the group ordered there food, putting up with the awful attitude of the lady, we then sat down.

The food did arrive rather quickly, we thought maybe the lady on the bar would be the only bad thing about the visit, but it turned out not to be. The food appeared at first to be nice, but as we began to eat a hair was found in one of the plates of food. Expecting to be soon be asked if the food was ok we tried to get a workers attention but this did not work, therefore we went to the bar to be met with the same women, when we explained the situation she said ok and nothing els, she then came round the corner asked which plate it was. Having said we were put off and wanting a refund she said we could just have a new one. I understand that hair does sometime sneak into food this is not the problem. It the fact that we could only be given a new one according to the staff, although I feel I should be entitled to a refund, rather than argue with the lady we accepted the new plate which was the exact same food just with the hair taken off.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Wheniwent
manifoldA1, Owner at The Manifold Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

We are suprised that you have given only 3 out of 5 rating for the rooms when in fact you never even saw them?
I have spoken with the all the staff regarding this alledged hair and nobody has any recollection of such an incident. Perhpas it would have been prudent to contact the Manager to discuss in more detail. Subsequently the Manifold must question the validity of your response.

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Me and my partner visited the restaurant after a long bike ride , when arriving at the pub we headed straight to the bar. My partner ordered his drink where the women checked to see if the glass was clean enough! After only serving him one drink she disappeared. Minuets later when she realized we were still wanting her service she returned unpleasantly to complete our order. We went and found a table and our food was shortly given to us only for me to find a hair in the food , this put me off completely, I informed the women who gave me no other option than to have a fresh one. I could not enjoy the food at all, i understand these things happen but I didn't even get an apology from the waitress. We did not hesitate but to leave the pub and visit the close by cafe where the staff were friendly and chatty presenting us with delicious food .

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Leigh_12392

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were on holiday in the area and went here for a meal. On walking into the pub it felt like the pub was full of locals and we felt a bit awkward. We ordered a drink at the bar and asked what to do as we wanted to order food. There were no tables in the pub and so were told we could go in the conservatory. This could be seen on the other side of the bar but it wasn't obvious how to get there. We saw menus on the side so we helped ourselves to these and went through a couple of doors and found the conservatory ourselves. I ordered the steak and ale pie and my boyfriend ordered scampi and chips. The atmosphere felt uncomfortable. Food arrived fairly quickly and was ok. Pie was nice and a better choice than the scampi I think. Food was presented nicely. Sadly it was the uncomfortable atmosphere and lack of assistance by the staff on arrival that let it down.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CA2310
manifoldA1, Owner at The Manifold Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Our locals are good friends and loyal customers. What are we supposed to do? - lock them out?
The people who live in the area are more than welcome to come and go as they please as they have done for generations. We are bemused why a customer would feel "awkward". It is also a shame that you did not have the courage to mention your concerns to our staff who are always keen to assist.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stopped at the Manifold Inn for an evening meal. The kitchen door was open and the chef was cooking but the restaurant was shut. According to the chef, he didn't know where the staff were, they just hadn't turned up and he didn't know why. He was'nt much help. It was supposed to open at 6pm. We hung around at the front of the building with another family who just wanted a drink at the bar. At 6.30 still no staff had arrived, so we all decided to eat elsewhere. It was a shame as it looked a nice clean place to eat with a reasonably priced menu.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lemontree4532
manifoldA1, Owner at The Manifold Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

The 2 staff were held up due to an accident ao the main Road between Buxton & Ashbourne. We think it is hardly fair to post a poor review on a premesis that wasnt even open!!?? How ridiculous

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Tasty, home made, and reasonably priced food. Good range even for us veggies. Recommend the very nice salad/chips option instead if veg/plain boiled potatoes. The puddings were enormous and the treacle pudding was great. They also do a full cooked breakfast with a brew for a fiver if you're staying in one of the nearby campsites and book the night before

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple