Stayed here for a night over the bank holiday and really loved the place. Set in beautiful surroundings in an area of natural beauty, the first sight of Hartington Hall was very impressive. We had booked 2 rooms, a single and a double and were very impressed with the standard
Our double was right on the top floor and had its own kitchen/ living room and bathroom. What a surprise! The cupboard was stocked with more kitchen utensils then at most self catering places I've been to - not that I used them as we ate in the restaurant.
The evening meal was beautiful! 3 or 4 choices of starters mains and sweets all for £11.95. Very well cooked too. The downside was that because of the place's popularity , it was very busy ( that and it being Bank Holiday) so there was quite a queue for food, both in the evening and the following morning for breakfast.
Breakfast was also lovely - although our serving wasn't as generous as the previous hostel we had been to. It was well cooked, however. Also there were no rolls left and only one double toaster, which we felt was totally inadequate for the number of people who use this hostel. The wait was abit off putting.
All that said, We absolutley loved our stay there!
The staff were lovely - very friendly, efficient and hard working. A refreshing change from some hotels I've been to.
Another thing I really liked were the communal areas, which had comfy sofas and chairs and were very inviting, to sit and chat with a drink or play games or to read in.
I would definitely return! If I could change anything though, it would be in the restaurant - a better system for the many people who eat there, to avoid the issues raised above.
The whole experience was very enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Log fires, oak panelling and adventure playground - all make this 17th century manor house perfect for weekend breaks in Derbyshire. Did you know that Bonnie Prince Charlie even slept here? The hostel is in a lovely, unspoilt area - great for activity breaks, walking holidays and cycling holidays. Use this great accommodation as a base to explore Alton Towers and Chatsworth House nearby. If you're looking at wedding venues in Derbyshire, you can get married at YHA Hartington Hall, have the hall as a magnificent backdrop to your photos, and then stay in our self-contained suite 'The Roost'. Don't miss the pets area and games room - great for family fun. Good home-cooked meals are available in our restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your YHA Hartington Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hartington Hall Hotel Hartington
- YHA Hartington Hall United Kingdom