We only stayed here one night, the night before a cycling race. The hostel and the gardens are quite simply gorgeous.
Getting caught up in traffic we arrived at around 9pm, which was no problem in terms of checking in, but was a HUGE problem in terms of getting something to eat anywhere in the local vicinity. It was a half hour drive to find a town large enough to have any type of food available, so if you are going to arrive in the area late in the evening, make sure you stop off somewhere else for food first!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Log fires, oak panelling and adventure playground - all make this 17th century manor house perfect for weekend breaks in Derbyshire. Did you know that Bonnie Prince Charlie even slept here? The hostel is in a lovely, unspoilt area - great for activity breaks, walking holidays and cycling holidays. Use this great accommodation as a base to explore Alton Towers and Chatsworth House nearby. If you're looking at wedding venues in Derbyshire, you can get married at YHA Hartington Hall, have the hall as a magnificent backdrop to your photos, and then stay in our self-contained suite 'The Roost'. Don't miss the pets area and games room - great for family fun. Good home-cooked meals are available in our restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and LateRooms so you can book your YHA Hartington Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hartington Hall Hotel Hartington
- YHA Hartington Hall United Kingdom