Just had a weekend at the Charles Cotton Hotel and should have read the reviews before we booked. At least we were prepared when we got there. Perhaps we also should of had a clue when we couldn't get in anywhere else.
The room was shabby and not too clean and the decor was circa 1970 as was the colour TV. The staff not too helpful either. Expensive too. They had nowhere in that rambling place to store our bikes overnight, a first.
We didn't let it spoil the weekend as the village is beautiful. Wish we'd of stayed at the youth hostel, that looked lovely. Great area to cycle as well as walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Charles Cotton Hotel is located in the beautiful village of Hartington (made famous by its cheese-making) in the stunning Peak District National Park, which can be easily reached from any part of the country. Since taking over the hotel in 2010 we have refurbished the restaurants and bar, and are designing each room to provide a sumptuous and relaxing place to stay. Outside, we have our new continental terrace dining and seating area - perfect for al fresco meals or for simply enjoying a relaxing drink. Whether you visit the Charles Cotton for a short break, lunch or dinner, or simply for coffee with friends, you'll find a relaxing place where you can really unwind. Its A Must! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Charles Cotton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charles Cotton Hartington
- Hotel Charles Cotton
- Charles Cotton Hotel Hartington, United Kingdom