The reception staff were very welcoming, cheery and helpful. This is also true for the staff in the breakfast room. The girl behind the bar on arrival, couldn't even raise a smile and seemed quite disinterested in us being there. We therefore did not use the bar facilities again but instead went to the pub across the road were the welcome was friendly an cordial.
The room and the facilities therein was very good indeed.
I felt the outside ambiance of the hotel was spoiled by the very modern high visibility. Outside area in the front of the hotel. I felt it could have been more in keeping with the age and beauty of the hotel and the village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Charles Cotton Hotel is located in the beautiful village of Hartington (made famous by its cheese-making) in the stunning Peak District National Park, which can be easily reached from any part of the country. Since taking over the hotel in 2010 we have refurbished the restaurants and bar, and are designing each room to provide a sumptuous and relaxing place to stay. Outside, we have our new continental terrace dining and seating area - perfect for al fresco meals or for simply enjoying a relaxing drink. Whether you visit the Charles Cotton for a short break, lunch or dinner, or simply for coffee with friends, you'll find a relaxing place where you can really unwind. Its A Must! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, LateRooms, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Charles Cotton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charles Cotton Hartington
- Hotel Charles Cotton
- Charles Cotton Hotel Hartington, United Kingdom