Lovey hotel. We stayed for one night in a dog-friendly room which was clean and spacious.
-Staff and owners were very friendly and helpful
-Lovely evening meal, well-presented
-Nice bar (with local ale) where we could sit with the dogs by the fire
-Great location to go walking straight from the front door
-Service during the evening meal started out great but did deteriorate by the end as we had a long wait before ordering dessert, were given one dessert instead of two at first, and weren't offered coffee (the staff did apologise about the desserts the next morning.)
All in all a really nice hotel that we will return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Charles Cotton Hotel is located in the beautiful village of Hartington (made famous by its cheese-making) in the stunning Peak District National Park, which can be easily reached from any part of the country. Since taking over the hotel in 2010 we have refurbished the restaurants and bar, and are designing each room to provide a sumptuous and relaxing place to stay. Outside, we have our new continental terrace dining and seating area - perfect for al fresco meals or for simply enjoying a relaxing drink. Whether you visit the Charles Cotton for a short break, lunch or dinner, or simply for coffee with friends, you'll find a relaxing place where you can really unwind. Its A Must! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your Charles Cotton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charles Cotton Hartington
- Hotel Charles Cotton
- Charles Cotton Hotel Hartington, United Kingdom