This was our second 2 night stay in the hotel and as always it was wonderful. We stay in the romantic sweet which is of large size and very nicely decorated. The view from the room goes onto the village market place and you can see peaks behind that so it makes it that little more lovely.
The meals at night are superb and well cooked. I again enjoyed the steak which is well presented and the bar area is great if you feel like an afternoon drink or indeed a night cap. In winter it is fab as the open fire is always burning.
The breakfast in the morning is large and tasty.
I will look forward to staying again at some point in the future as Hartington itself has stolen our hearts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Charles Cotton Hotel is located in the beautiful village of Hartington (made famous by its cheese-making) in the stunning Peak District National Park, which can be easily reached from any part of the country. Since taking over the hotel in 2010 we have refurbished the restaurants and bar, and are designing each room to provide a sumptuous and relaxing place to stay. Outside, we have our new continental terrace dining and seating area - perfect for al fresco meals or for simply enjoying a relaxing drink. Whether you visit the Charles Cotton for a short break, lunch or dinner, or simply for coffee with friends, you'll find a relaxing place where you can really unwind. Its A Must! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your Charles Cotton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charles Cotton Hartington
- Hotel Charles Cotton
- Charles Cotton Hotel Hartington, United Kingdom