“Beautiful place - above and beyond hosts”
Review of Cotesfield Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hartington
Cotesfield Farm
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My 4 year old son and I were at the Y Not festival at the weekend and, as the weather turned our tent and all our belongings into a muddy, wet mess we decided to pack up and seek refuge for the last night. We happened upon Cotesfield Farm locally by chance and turned up there unannounced at 10am Sunday morning while the owners were preparing breakfast for the guests. We were a complete state - I was still in my muddy pyjamas! But Ali and David greeted us with a smile (totally unperturbed by the state of us), invited us in, explained that there was a room but it was in use until the guests checked out and instead of turfing us back out into the rain for a few hours invited us in to 'their' farmhouse, put cartoons on the TV for my son, made me a cup of tea (also offered breakfast!) and as soon as they could got the room ready for us, all while offering the same high level of service to their existing guests. More than we could have hoped for. We went back to the festival for the day once we were showered and refreshed and returned last afternoon and enjoyed the B&B. Ali, David and Gemma were more than welcoming and friendly (which is what you'd want at best from a B&B): they spent the afternoon chatting with me; showed my son around the farm, introduced him to the animals and let him 'find' eggs for breakfast. David even sat and read books with my son while I was enjoying a drink in the garden with Ali and Gemma! They recommended a local Thai takeaway and went to fetch it for us (and tried very, very hard not to charge me for it). The room was perfect, beautifully made up with complimentary drinks and biscuits but also access to a kitchen and living room, all of a wonderful standard. Breakfast was at the time we wanted (and my son was sleeping in so was later than I'd requested - no problem) and included choice of cereals, fruits and yogurt, tea, coffee and juice, freshly baked bread, cooked breakfast (my son's made up as a smiley face with 2 types of eggs as requested by him) - cooked to perfection and huge portion. It's just such a lovely place and like others have said we found it hard to leave and felt as though we'd made friends in less than 24 hours. I can't recommend it highly enough. We will definitely be back, hopefully in better weather so we can enjoy and appreciate the garden area and local walking trail. I loved chatting to Ali, David and Gemma and understand exactly what they want to achieve with this place and hope everybody that visits appreciates all their hard work and amazing hospitality. Being on my own with my son we do travel a fair bit and take the chance that we'll stay somewhere we'll feel confined to our room or I'm constantly worried that my son is being, well, a kid...but no such worries here: we were made to feel completely at home and like friends of the family rather than guests. Wonderful place, really.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband Paul and I have just returned from spending an overnight stay at the Cotesfield Farm B&B and what an experience, absolutly fantastic, cant believe we came across this wonderful place by accident but so glad we did.

Not only is the accommodation comfortable, warm, cosy and very clean but the location of this Farm accommodation is amid breathtaking countryside which is second to none.

Although the accommodation is in our opinion 5* and more the hosts David, Alison and Gemma score off the board as they are such a wonderful family who couldnt have done more for us to ensure that we enjoyed our stay and we really cant wait to be able to have a return visit but stay a bit longer as it was a really hard to walk away from such a wonderful place and such genuine and lovely people.

If you are someone that enjoys a good breakfast to set you up for the day then you wont be disapointed with the breakfast at Cotesfield farm it was served in a lovely breakfast / dinning room by our wonderful hosts who provided us with a feast consisting of fresh fruit salad , juice, cereals,freshly baked bread, pots of tea and not forgetting the amazing full english ,which was produced useing the best quaulity ingredients, what more can anyone ask for.

We are so impressed with Cotesfield Farm that we have already recommended it to some of our friends who are planning on visiting in the very near future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lou C
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Excellent b&b which exceeded all our hopes (and I am quite fussy!). David, Ali and Gemma could not have been more welcoming or friendly and definitely went the extra mile for us. Food was very good, rooms clean with lovely extras such as cookies in the bedroom and a very welcome tea and cakes on arrival. Great to see the animals too, especially Jess and Finn, the friendly farm dogs. Direct access onto Tissington Cycle Trail a definite bonus. Will come again, thank you!

1  Thank Isabelle P
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Well what can I say, this was all I expected it to be and more. What a lovely location and a fun loving family running this charming B&B. The first thing that strikes you is the beauty of the place the country side is spectacular the views amazing.
David, Alison & Gemma were brilliant hosts who looked after us all very well nothing was to much for them. The family pets also made this stay so much fun with the two dogs, Jess & Finn the Horse Rosie and not forgetting the Cockrel who made sure we never over slept. Breakfast was simply wonderful and our thanks go to Gemma for providing such wonderful meals.
Once again thanks to you all, we will see you I'm sure in the future keep up the good work!

1  Thank David39190735
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at Cotesfield Farm for a week - and i could quite happily have stayed forever! I cannot rate it highly enough. From the Warm Friendly & Furry welcome when we arrived, scrumptious home cooked food (especially the lemon drizzle cake) to the spotlessly clean rooms oozing history & quirky charm. Set within the Peak District, with lovely walks, cycle rides and stunning scenery on the doorstep. Alison, Dave & Gemma were perfect hosts welcoming us into their home & letting us share some farming experiences. An absolute must for animal lovers or just the most perfect place to hide away, switch off & just watch the world go by. Excellent value for money & we will definately be back.
P.S Gemma makes a lovely banana cake!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kww1963
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the farm for only one night but wished we had been able to stay for more. We loved being there. David, Alison and Gemma were so welcoming; they made us feel right at home and there was nothing they would not do for us. We had our evening meal there and were treated to a delicious farmhouse meal of generous proportions and then the next morning to an equally generous breakfast! Being addicted to taking photographs, we had a wonderful time roaming around the farm and the trail trying to capture the charm and beauty of the surrounding countryside in pictures. We were quite taken with all the animals too - who wouldn't be? A herd of young cows, an elegant white horse, two loveable dogs, an elusive cat... we hated to leave! We would definitely return on a future trip to the UK.

2  Thank Marion B
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at Cotesfield Farm where the warm hospitality of David, Alison and Gemma more than made up for disappointing weather.
The B&B is ideally situated in the Peak District with walks, cycling, Stately Homes all within easy reach - it even has it's own access to the Tissington Trail. David and Alison were full of advice for places to visit.
The setting is tranquil and the welcome warm, with nothing too much trouble.  We had a wonderful breakfast with local products with portions so huge they kept us going all day - although we did manage to squeeze in the delicious home made brownies that greeted us in our room.  Although we didn't take advantage of it, other guests talked about the delicious meal that they enjoyed at the B&B the previous evening.
The farm has a host of animals, and I'm sure children would love meeting the dogs, cat, chickens and giant bunny!
All in all it was a wonderful and extremely relaxing visit - we'll definitely be making a return visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple