“Delicious food”

Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Hartington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I booked a table here for my partners birthday and we were not disappointed. The bar maid was very welcoming and friendly, we sat down after ordering at the bar and our starters swiftly followed - the deconstructed salmon and prawn cocktail and confit of duck are delicious. I ordered steak for my main and it genuinely was one of the best steaks I've ever had as well as the onion rings and chips etc on the side. All in all a great dining experience - we will be back!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Lovely hotel/restaurant with a great atmosphere. Food and drinks were fab. Compliments to the chef who cooked me (a fussy vegetarian) something that wasn't even in the menu!!

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Dined on Saturday night as staying nearby over the weekend. Reasonably priced and well cooked food with decent friendly staff. Have visited numerous times previously for a post-walk pint but first time for a meal, the place copes just as well with being a restaurant as well as an ale-house. If you're in the area and in the market for good honest pub grub then look no further!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We came to Hartington in mid January for a little trip out on my wife's birthday. We called in at the Cahrles Cotton for lunch. It was midweek and no-one really around. We were made immensely welcome, well served and well fed. The owner gave us a glass of fizz each when he found out it was my wife's birthday. We both had steak, which were well cooked and all personal preferences catered for (we are sometimes a picky). The steak was great.

Can heartily recommend this place. They obviously work hard to make it a place worth visiting considering it is in the middle of nowhere. We'll be back.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Lovely pub and hotel. Great atmosphere and food and Pimms were excellent. 100% all round. Thoroughly recommend.

1  Thank MrNeedle