“Generous portions of homecooked food”
Review of Devonshire Arms

Devonshire Arms
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Hartington
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

A traditional country pub in a pretty village which is a good base for walks in the surrounding countryside. The home made lamb & venison casseroles that my wife & I had were both very good and served in generous portions. Service was friendly & prompt.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is a comfy pub, with the somewhat upmarket grub that is becoming the norm, done competently but on my visit no more than that.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We decided to have lunch here while visiting Hartington and what a great choice We were given a warm welcome after finding a table We both went for the Sunday roast - I had the beef and my partner the pork Both plates were pretty full with the vegetables in a separate dish and proved to be very tasty I forced myself to have a pudding of treacle tart and custard which was also very good The service throughout was friendly and at just over £30 including drinks good value

Reviewed September 5, 2013

went on a whim, asked if we could take the dogs inside the bar.
the food was very good the staff where very good and helpful

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We diverted off from Tissington Trail on our bikes to visit this pub which is about a mile downhill from the track. We were all suitably hungry and thirsty and ready for refreshments.
It was a Tuesday early afternoon in the summer holidays and we were made to feel very welcome. There was an excellent menu on offer with plenty of choice.
The service was friendly and efficient and the food was very tasty and certainly satisfied our appetites. We did manage to squeeze in a pudding between the 3 of us though!
The pub is warm and cosy and I would definately recommend a visit.
It is priced in the mid-range but certainly worth every penny.
Of course we did have to cycle the mile back up the hill to the trail but the visit was well worth the effort!