“Excellent place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Devonshire Arms

Devonshire Arms
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Hartington
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nottingham
“Excellent place to eat”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We were staying in Hartington and several people had recommended eating here. Well deserved recommendations. The food was excellent. There was a good choice with something to suit everyone. There is even an option of smaller portions for some items on the menu, good for those with a smaller appetite. There is a good atmosphere in the pub and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Booking is recommended at weekends as it gets very busy. We called in late afternoon to make our booking for that evening.

• Visited June 2011

Derby, United Kingdom
“Very good "home-cooked" food ...”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We called in after a long walk and had an excellent hearty meal. It was around 5pm and very quiet ... the service was quick and the bar staff very welcoming, friendly and attentive. I had beef in ale pie and my husband had a veggie curry ... the portions were good and both were difficult to fault. If I was to be very picky, I'd say I could have been served with more vegetables (which were presented in a small bowl), ... they were delicious, but I do love my food! We had desserts ... both of which were really lovely, good portions and obviously home-made.

We're delighted to have found a new place to eat near to where we go walking and will be returning very soon.

Well done Devonshire ... keep it up!

• Visited August 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We had a great meal. Pub has a good atmosphere and owner and staff are very friendly and welcoming

• Visited June 2011
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Knew it was going to be good and it lived up to expectation!”
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Wanted to echo all the good reviews about this venue. We ate there on a friday night and it was quiet so service was very prompt. I had the white fish whose name I can't remember as I'd never heard of it! But enjoyed it enormously. My wife had the beef and she thought it exceptional. The vegetables were varied and cooked to perfection.
Two real ales were on offer that night and both were on form.
Hartington and the locality is well worth a visit for walkers and cyclists, try the Tissington trail for wonderful vistas and safe cycling.
I always conclude by saying go and try the Devonshire Arms for yourself and I hope you won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank silverdale15
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Quality food in a friendly environment”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Stayed here for lunch half way through a walk. We’re only “light” walkers, so when we took our boots off on the way in, we felt like the real deal! We had a ploughman’s each for around £8 which was really good and washed it down with a couple of glasses of wine. The ambience of the place was spot on, we will definitely be returning.

• Visited March 2011