This is THE place to go if you wanna get a taste of nature, a beautiful small beach, superb oysters, great service, amazing mattress, stunning views and peace (yes, a lot of peace cause this is not the place to party or meet new people). I live in Sao Paulo and all it took was an hour flight to Florianopolis and then another 1 hour drive to the hotel.
I took a taxi at the airport (look for the registered one, just in front of the arrival gate, it is way cheaper than hiring the hotel car). Ok, I needed to have a feeling that I was saving something cause the hotel is a total splurge, more expensive than 5 star hotels in Paris or NY, but I went there cause I was desperate to rest and press my head's ctrl + alt + del (and it was worth it).
Bring comfortable shoes if you enjoy exploring. Also, they have repellent inside the room, but it is good to have yours when you wanna take a walk. And if you get tired of sun bathing, they have kayaks, stand up boards and the staff at the beach never let you out of water or just a cold beer to enjoy the view or the little fishes on the beach
I liked my bungalow, it had an amazing view of the bay. You can choose to have dinner at the restaurant or in the privacy of your room. I loved watching the sunset while taking a bubble bath on the deck, drinking champagne and tasting those amazing oysters that they have. It was a total bliss. But the amenities weren't suitable to the cost of the room, unfortunately. Anyway, the room is super comfy.
This is a couple's paradise but it doesnt mean that you wouldnt have a good time going there solo. The guests are discreet, they dont't interact much with each other (at least when I was there).
The food is great, which is something very important considering how secluded the hotel is. The breakfast is also very good, an 8 course menu that is different every day. And having breakfast while watching the sea is truly relaxing.
Cnsidering that the hotel is secluded, you wont learn about the culture of the place nor talk to a lot of people. This is somewhere to be safe from any harassment and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a private peninsula, surrounded by a fisherman village on Brazil's south coast, it is the country's most exclusive beach resort. Within a short distance from Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo or Buenos Aires, this romantic getaway delivers the dream: a ridge of Green Mountains runs down to the clear water of the Emerald Coast, where three little islands meet a stunning white sandy bay. Contemporary interiors in 25 beautiful bungalows mix comfort and refinement on a rustic style and the service that is second to none. The Restaurant lies within meters from the beach, provides a great wine list (with over 220 options); for lunch and dinner a diversified and sophisticated menu is on offer at any hour - the doors only shuts when the last guest leaves. If you are looking for something more romantic, cross a small bridge and get to one of the islands where you will find a gazebo that's specially decorated at night with flowers and candles for only one couple per night have dinner. There's an indoor pool, tennis, games room, snooker room, fitness centre, restaurant, bars, business centre, and even a private cinema. Massages, ecological trails, snorkeling, scuba diving, and boat trips are also on offer. Due to local landscape and in order to maintain calm and tranquility, we do not accept children under 18 years old. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Ponta dos Ganchos Exclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ponta Dos Ganchos Hotel Governador Celso Ramos
- Ponta Dos Ganchos Exclusive Resort Brazil/Governador Celso Ramos, Santa Catarina