PROS: The property is AMAZING!!! Only 25 bungalows atop a mountain only seconds away from a beautiful, discreet, private beach. (Which you can be carted to if you prefer not to walk the 2 minutes it takes you to get there.) It is the most romantic place we have visited. As far as their food is concerned, we couldn't have been more happier or satisfied. THEY GROW THEIR OWN ORGANIC FOOD ON SITE!!! The chef does a terrific job using all the fresh produce grown and caught in or around the location and presenting them to you on your plate. We tend to be picky eaters when it comes to the quality and healthiness of our food, but there was no request they couldn't achieve regarding this issue. We requested orange juice, yogurt, and skim milk (sometimes unattainable in other countries) and every day my refrigerator was stocked with freshly squeezed orange juice, skim milk, and natural fruit yogurt made from the fresh organic berries they grow on site! (We're still giddy.) I personally didn't care much for the breakfast tasting menu- thinking they should not try to reinvent eggs, bread, and pancakes- but it should be experienced at least once. It is amazing the different types of fruits they grow and are able to serve as juice for you. As for my breakfast, all I had to do was request my desire to Gilberto and in minutes he gladly served what I had ordered. Regardless of the expense of a resort or the amount of stars it has obtained, we have always- one way or the other- left the place with at least the slightest bit of disappointment concerning our nutrition. This was not the case with Ponta Dos Ganchos. As for the staff, they are as delightful as the place itself. Nina and Daniel (from dining) are superstars. They not only speak your language- and if they don't they are willing to learn!- but also enjoy taking care of their guests and satisfying there every need. They truly define great customer service. Giovanna and July (from reception/front desk) were a delight from our first day to our last. Giovanna patiently guided us through the complex answering my every question on our first day; while July volunteered to pre check us into our flight before we departed to the airport our last day there. The beach is proof that great things come in small packages. Patricia is in charge of this area and we always had what we needed thanks to her- including fresh fruits and coconut water. As for our bungalow, it was the smallest in the complex. It was a spacious duplex with two terraces and was maintained in pristine condition by the friendly and outgoing housekeeping staff. CONS: A few things keep us from deeming this place perfect. 1) The mattress was extremely hard; waking us up with stiff backs every morning. 2) In more than one occasion we were delivered dirty or unwashed utensils to our room. 3) During certain times of the day staff in the front desk did not speak our language (english/spanish) making it difficult to obtain certain necessities or personnel. In fact, this is an issue that should be greatly revised by upper management at Ponta Dos Ganchos. During calls from the U.S. to the hotel we were misinformed in more than one occasion by a female supervisor/manager who did not speak english and was unable to properly describe the specifics and terms of their all inclusive packages. As far as the property is concerned, (4) the fitness room is our only disgust. The facility is extremely outdated. Just like their food, the fitness room equipment should cater to individuals who might care about maintaing their physical appearance and/or health.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a private peninsula, surrounded by a fisherman village on Brazil's south coast, it is the country's most exclusive beach resort. Within a short distance from Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo or Buenos Aires, this romantic getaway delivers the dream: a ridge of Green Mountains runs down to the clear water of the Emerald Coast, where three little islands meet a stunning white sandy bay. Contemporary interiors in 25 beautiful bungalows mix comfort and refinement on a rustic style and the service that is second to none. The Restaurant lies within meters from the beach, provides a great wine list (with over 220 options); for lunch and dinner a diversified and sophisticated menu is on offer at any hour - the doors only shuts when the last guest leaves. If you are looking for something more romantic, cross a small bridge and get to one of the islands where you will find a gazebo that's specially decorated at night with flowers and candles for only one couple per night have dinner. There's an indoor pool, tennis, games room, snooker room, fitness centre, restaurant, bars, business centre, and even a private cinema. Massages, ecological trails, snorkeling, scuba diving, and boat trips are also on offer. Due to local landscape and in order to maintain calm and tranquility, we do not accept children under 18 years old. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ponta dos Ganchos Exclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ponta Dos Ganchos Hotel Governador Celso Ramos
- Ponta Dos Ganchos Exclusive Resort Brazil/Governador Celso Ramos, Santa Catarina