Just wanted to add my comments to what everyone else has said. Stayed at the Alexandra Beach early June. Great hotel! Good location, nice beach, great restaurant and good food. Staff were really nice and helpful .
A BIG thank-you to the delightful lady on reception, who turned nurse one evening to remove sea urchin spines. A big hello to Despina, the manager in the Spa, who was an absolute delight.
OK there are some very minor points, but these aren’t worth mentioning; remember this is a Greek 4 star rating. But any minor issues are far outweighed by the really good things in the hotel. One person who should get a mention is Alan the Thomson rep. - very professional, polite and approachable and always seemed to be around and a good source of information.
Potos was 250 metres down the road one way and Pefkari (much quieter and a nice beach), 250 metres the other way. We hired a car for a couple of days. We visited Chrisi Ammoudia on the east coast which was really pretty. We also drove up into the mountains and visited Maries (and its lake – and although pretty was nothing special). However the island of Thassos is stunning, very green with some amazing vistas. We also did a boat trip booked through Thomson and although a little on the expensive side, it was a good day out.
So if you are looking for a good, clean, friendly hotel that serves great food (great mojitos by the way!) in a beautiful setting, the Alexandra Beach fits the bill perfectly.
Like other people I tend not to go back to places I have visited, but this place would be the exception!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alexandra Beach is located near the village of Potos on the beautiful island of Thassos, It is an incredible place for family holidays on the sparkling emerald beach, with a panoramic view of the Aegean Sea, many-hued sunsets and a refreshing breeze wafting through the air. Thassos, an all time valued Aegean island with an extensive history, takes you on a journey to its lacy coastline and to the mountain with its picturesque villages and captivates you with its delicaces. It invites travellers to visit the mountain villages and to take a peek at the simple life of the residents and amazing landscape of varied and authentic Greek nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Alexandra Beach Thassos Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Beach Thassos Hotel Potos
- Hotel Alexandra Beach Thassos
- Alexandra Beach Thassos Spa Resort Potos, Thasos