this being our first trip to a greek island i wanted a relaxing holiday for a change so i picked thassos. after the plane, coach, ferry and then coach again trips to get to the hotel we were glad to finally arrive at the hotel. first impressions were good, after seeing where others were dropped off. it's a very clean hotel, seems to have been refurbished at some stage recently, and ideally positioned right on the beach. our room, which would have my wife and i, a 16 and 22 year old in one room, was spacious and the beds were big enough for us. only shock we had was being advised on the coach that you can't put the toilet paper down the toilet! as the drains aren't large enough. the rooms are cleaned everyday which is needed for the toilet bin. the grounds are really well set out and you always see the gardener working around the area. the restaurant is well set out (just be careful when there's little kids running around at busy times) and you always find a table to use. one thing we found was the plates under the domes by the food are very hot so use the serviettes nearby to carry your food. there's a wide variety of food at meal times, but spag bol seems available at all times! at breakfast it gets busy after 9am and evenings after 8.15pm. the pool area is ok, but at times there's not enough sunbeds and they're not very comfortable (the ones on the beach are better if you have a back problem like i have) even though they say you're not supposed to reserve the beds, people do. it was worse the second week as there was more kids arrived. the pool bar service at night is slow, we waited 20 minutes for our drinks to arrive after ordering with the waitress and 3.50 euros for a beer which isn't a pint. there's some entertainment here but very basic. the upstair's bar is ideal for some quiet time and some beautiful sunsets and service is a lot better. the private beach is well set out with pontoons to take you over the pebbles and urchins (need beach shoes if you want to walk into the sea as these urchin's spikes will get into your feet) the sea is deep enough to dive in off these. never had problems getting 4 sunbeds at the beach at anytime of day. we used the spa at the hotel (you get half price vouchers to use when you check in) and had the steam baths, the girls can't do enough for you here and are very helpful showing how to use the various baths and showers. there's also a basic gym in the spa too. the staff throughout the hotel complex are very curtious and happy to help in any way. the only problem we had was that on the morning of checking out, the receptionist gave me a bill for 18 euros from the pool bar. as you can give your room number and sign the bill and pay at the end of your holiday, but we paid for every bill with cash so as not to let this happen and i didn't pay it. to the left of the hotel is an appartment hotel and i saw people form this coming through the gate at the bottom coming into our complex, it's too easy for one of these to just give any room number if they order something. so i'd recommend you to go to reception the night before your checkout and make sure you don't have a surprise waiting for you!! the area of potos is not recommended for teens as ours were getting bored most nights, good job you have wifi throughout the complex! i'd say if you want to go here, then go out of school hols and you will love it. plenty of souvenir shops and bars in potos (10min walk away) best one we found was the boomerang bar, alex and his son ab make you feel very welcome and you get a decent pint of mythos beer here for 3.50 euros.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alexandra Beach is located near the village of Potos on the beautiful island of Thassos, It is an incredible place for family holidays on the sparkling emerald beach, with a panoramic view of the Aegean Sea, many-hued sunsets and a refreshing breeze wafting through the air. Thassos, an all time valued Aegean island with an extensive history, takes you on a journey to its lacy coastline and to the mountain with its picturesque villages and captivates you with its delicaces. It invites travellers to visit the mountain villages and to take a peek at the simple life of the residents and amazing landscape of varied and authentic Greek nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Alexandra Beach Thassos Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Beach Thassos Hotel Potos
- Hotel Alexandra Beach Thassos
- Alexandra Beach Thassos Spa Resort Potos, Thasos