Booked through Thomson, asked and paid for superior room, didn't get it to start with had to argue for what we paid for.
The rep Ann admitted mistake and offered to change rooms for us ,we had already done it ourselves.
Resturant is ok for buffet nothing special, and runs out quick when we were there, replacements had to be asked for.
Worst thing about dinning is the wine service, should you choose to buy a bottle of wine, be prepared for a wait, we told by an awfull member of staff called Johnny he couldn't supply us with the list ,we had to ask a menial woman , sexist or what, well we asked ,nothing happened ,then he blanked us till we,d had enough, finally it was him who bought the wine ,and told us " If you aren't happy i can get the Chef? Out to answer questions".on the wine very strange.!
Next hope you are in touch with your European side, as there were massive influx,s of Bulgarian,s ,Romainians, and could be any type Eastern Europeans.
Needless to say rude ,loud, on our last day they took over the outside bar danced shouted ,got liberally drunk ,etc.
The first few days were the worst , maybe they too celebrated Orthodox Easter, the resturant has only 2 food counters for hot and plainly can't cope.
Rooms were clean ,air con was requested by us and hotel put it on.
Pools very small ,misleading Thomson pictures,recomend the beach, if quiet as nicer.
Al a carte shut in evening till June, dispite rep saying 50 percent of for guests, didn't check obviously.
Also roof bar closed.can sit but bar not open.
Drinks reasonable, English prices, cocktails lovely.nice touch snacks with drinks.
Shame the food around the bar in day was abysmal , club sandwich terrible , crisp city.
Breakfast ,usual squash , no juice, unless paid for , not bad warm food.
Potos is ok no real caracter , other town nice walk , town disappointing .
Transfer not too ,bad would recomend book taxi,much quicker, stress free.
Kefalonia was much better, but look out for Johnny, and the Bulgarians.
I'm not a moaner and deify any one to say I'm not accurate .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alexandra Beach is located near the village of Potos on the beautiful island of Thassos, It is an incredible place for family holidays on the sparkling emerald beach, with a panoramic view of the Aegean Sea, many-hued sunsets and a refreshing breeze wafting through the air. Thassos, an all time valued Aegean island with an extensive history, takes you on a journey to its lacy coastline and to the mountain with its picturesque villages and captivates you with its delicaces. It invites travellers to visit the mountain villages and to take a peek at the simple life of the residents and amazing landscape of varied and authentic Greek nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Alexandra Beach Thassos Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Beach Thassos Hotel Potos
- Hotel Alexandra Beach Thassos
- Alexandra Beach Thassos Spa Resort Potos, Thasos