stayed here last two weeks sept 2012, flight transfers, ferry, and booking in, very efficient reception staff. this hotel is spotless and very well run, we loved the food lots of choice and very tasty anyone saying otherwise must be really picky all staff were friendly polite and proffesional (special mention for our waiter LEO), The hotel is 4 star however we felt our room though adequate didnt live up to this rating. but we understand the rooms are being re furbished . the hotel sits in stunning grounds with lots of trees flowers and shrubs they even grow their own vegetables to be used in the restaurants !!! the hotel is positioned on a private beach which is shingle so beach shoes a must . The beds at the beach are free and i have to say far more comfortable than the pool beds which were really uncomfortable.there wasnt really any entertainment in our fortnight im unsure as to wether this was because it was the last two weeks of their season (of which we were reminded by some staff not what we wanted to hear whilst trying to enjoy our Holiday) so if watching the tv playing pool and reading a book was your forte then you would be fine . less than ten minutes would take you to Potos or Pefkari the resorts either side of the hotel and well worth a visit .we took advantage of the spa ,thomsons offering a 50% discount on all treatments and it was definately worth it . last but not least i have to mention James our rep from first impressions his immaculate grooming friendliness attentitiveness attention to small details , love of the job and island and genuine interest in all clients was a rare experience these days . take note thomson his efforts should be aknowledged and rewarded he is an absolute credit to your company and his standards should be used as an example to all reps "THANK YOU JAMES" . In conclusion would we return "Yes Definately".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alexandra Beach is located near the village of Potos on the beautiful island of Thassos, It is an incredible place for family holidays on the sparkling emerald beach, with a panoramic view of the Aegean Sea, many-hued sunsets and a refreshing breeze wafting through the air. Thassos, an all time valued Aegean island with an extensive history, takes you on a journey to its lacy coastline and to the mountain with its picturesque villages and captivates you with its delicaces. It invites travellers to visit the mountain villages and to take a peek at the simple life of the residents and amazing landscape of varied and authentic Greek nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Alexandra Beach Thassos Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Beach Thassos Hotel Potos
- Hotel Alexandra Beach Thassos
- Alexandra Beach Thassos Spa Resort Potos, Thasos