“Best holiday Ever”
Review of Astir Notos Hotel

Astir Notos Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Potos
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The staff at this hotel are fantastic. Nothing is ever to much for them. There is a real family owned buzz around the place, which makes you feel extremely welcome and at home. The manager was very accommodating, we requested a room that had a double bed and a shower. When we arrived he directed us straight to the room, shown us how to operate the aircon etc, before leaving us to settle in he asked if the room was accommodating or would we like to see an alternative!! I have never had this 5* service (not even in a 5* hotel)!!
As the holes is only small the food options were limited compared to the larger hotels that I have stayed in. However, the quality was brilliant and there was always a mix of things every night of the week. They will serve wine to the table by the bottle, from a wine list. Not just white or Red!!!
The hotel has a perfect location, if they have no rain there is a little secret passage way that takes you into Potos centre in a 2 minutes walk. There are lots of trinket shops selling oddles of lovely things. Also many supermarkets for water, fruit, magazines etc.
We had a car for a few days which is defiantly a must on Thassos as there is lots to go and see. Many secluded baches to explore. Our Thomson rep was fantastic, he shown us many walking routes from the hotel. I would highly recommend the yellow brick road!!
We will 100% come back to this hotel as it was our best holiday to date. Loved it :-)

Room Tip: Some rooms have standing showers and some have a shower over a bath. Book through Thomson and reques...
1  Thank Dolly1892

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I will start by saying that it was the best qualty-price ratio I have found in Grece. Small Hotel, very clean, modern, close to the beach. The owner was very friendly. The food was really good, and it was something else everyday. We really enjoyed our stay and we'll do it again soon. Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank tartineetmoi
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We begun our trip to Thassos by car for the first time abroad, so it took us way more then expected to get there. We arrived nearly at 9:00 pm, at the time dinner was closing, but our hotel staff was so nice that they waited for us and saved us some lunch, which was great after such a tiring trip. The room was very big, clean and properly equipped. Both breakfast and dinner were tasty and varied with European and local dishes.
The hotel has also an Internet room, which you can use in case need. And also a pool which is great if you don't want to walk the distance to the beach, which by the way is not further than a 5 min walk away.
When was time for us to leave, we wanted to catch the first ferry early in the morning, so we had to check out at 4 a.m, which wasn't even an issue for the hotel staff. They are just great people, so great that we had breakfast packed for us to go, without us having asked.
We were amazed by the Greek hospitality in this hotel. I wish I'd find such great people in each hotel I stay in. It really helps a lot.

Room Tip: Rooms are all ok. We asked for a twin room, but by mistake we were given a double. Without being nec...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bianca2258
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in September for two weeks. A family run hotel, all the staff are really lovely and made our stay very special. The attention to detail is second to nonethroughout the whole hotel, all the rooms are colour co-ordinated, very charming, the dining room is very relaxing and the food choice was excellant especially for a fairly small hotel. Potos resort is lovely, not to big but has everything you need to have a very enjoyable holiday.

Room Tip: our room faced the pool and we could just see the sea which was nice.
2  Thank ellie2009
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Came back a couple of weeks ago from this hotel after a really relaxing and enjoyable holiday. The hotel was spotless, even the glass on the terrace and our balconey, which is not the easiest thing to keep clean! The staff are lovely, nothing is ever too much trouble and always with a smile on their faces. Food was ok, although the breakfasts got a little boring. Having said that, we had a couple of lunches at the hotel and they were fantastic, had the best Greek salad I've ever had, in fact I couldn't eat it all and my husband had to do the honours!

Potos is literally just a couple of minutes away through an olive grove and is a lovely little resort. We found, again, that in the cafes, bars and shops everyone was very friendly and helpful, in fact in one cafe we went to I asked if I could have my iced coffee with a scoop of ice-cream instead of ice cubes, 'no problem' was the reply. After checking with me a few times on how I liked it made, off the waiter went to make it, it was only when I saw him coming back up the road with a little dish that I realised they didn't actually have any ice-cream and had gone up to a nearby stall to get some for me!! When we went back to the same cafe a couple of days later, there was no problem, they'd gone and bought some ice-cream in case I came in again!

We have been to Thassos twice now and it is a beautiful island, the people are really lovely and justifiably very proud of their island but, sadly, we won't be returning because the only operator who go there is Thompsons and the high handed way they change your departure airport, with absolutely no consideration as to the increase in cost and travelling time, means I simply would not risk it again!

Room Tip: Make sure you take plently of insect repellent if travelling in September, the mosquitoes are viscio...
5  Thank LynneH22
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Its taken me a while to review but I wanted to post something about this hotel as we had a great time there!

We visited for 2 weeks in August and it was brilliant. The room was perfect, the hotel was spotless and the food was really nice. The staff can't do enough for you and it's a real family atmosphere. Potos is a nice town with plenty going on. I can recomend the cocktails at the Australian Bar! Thassos is a beautiful Isalnd and we hired a jeep for a week to explore. Finding your own way off road to the top of the mountain is challenging, but well worth it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DanBLevi
Reviewed October 2, 2012

we spent the first two weeks of september at this lovely hotel. our room was spotlessly clean thanks to the girls for that.food was very good and plenty of it , one of my favourites was the rice pudding for breakfast unusual but nice ! lovely pool crystal clear, but without doubt the best thing about this hotel is the owners and the staff,i,ve been to greece about 25 times and this was the best hotel i,ve stayed in so thank you apostoli , your family and your wonderful staff all the best for the future hope to see you again soon kevin and jenny from wales ps i,ll try to learn a little more of your language

3  Thank kevingethings
Also consider these accommodations in or near Potos
Alexandra Beach Thassos Spa Resort
#15 of 89 in Thasos
Princess Golden Beach
Princess Golden Beach
#4 of 10 in Golden Beach

Been to Astir Notos Hotel? Share your experiences!