“Relaxing in Style”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kommeno Bay
Launceston, United Kingdom
“Relaxing in Style”
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We can not find a bad word to say about the Eva Palace, the location is fabulous, and to wake up each morning and gaze at the views were wonderful, yes the location is quiet, but if your looking for rest and relaxation, you wont do better than the Eva Palace.
We were impressed with the resort even before we left home, as our booking was changed at short notice by the tour operator, and Anastasia at the Eva Palace helped us sort out our new arrangements, having got to the resort, the staff all go out of thier way to help the guests and nothing was too much trouble them, and in particular Anastasia, Eleni (Guest Relations) and Wido the entertainment officer.
Grecotel should be very proud of everyone at the Eva Palace from the Manager to the lovely and polite housekeepers, well done to them all, we will be back, and would have no hesitation in recommending the Eva Palace.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
evapalace, General Manager at Grecotel Eva Palace, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your amazing review and your many positive comments about the Eva Palace!
I am pleased to hear, that despite the initial problem with your booking, you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to return in future! I have passed on your kind words to all my colleagues here at the hotel. This is the best possible motivation for us all to continue our busy season.

Grecotel Eva Palace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
nottingham
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We have stayed in many 5* hotels and this is almost there. The hotel is in a quiet location but the views are stunning. We had forgotten this was an adult only hotel so we were pleasantly surprised by the peaceful atmosphere by the pool. The rooms are very chic and clean. The bus into Corfu town is overpriced. We enjoyed the food although it was getting repetitive towards the end of the week. The evening entertainment in the lobby bar was good although we sometimes struggled to find a seat. We were quite anxious about going on this holiday after reading the reviews about the wasps but I can honestly say we saw none so don't let it put you off visiting this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank LinzyA
evapalace, General Manager at Grecotel Eva Palace, responded to this review, May 28, 2011
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your valuable input on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is most helpful not only for our future guests but also for us, as it enables us to identify problem areas and aim for improvement.
As I understand, your stay was an enjoyable one overall, which is the most important thing!
With regards to the bus, please understand that this is a subsidised service and is not part of the hotel organisation itself. Although quite highly priced, it is a convenient alternative to the public bus service, which runs from the main road (1.5kms from the hotel).
Weather permitting, our evening entertainment is always down at the Pool Bar area. However, during your visit it was still very cool in the evenings and therefore the Lobby Bar was used instead. It is true, therefore that the Lobby area was quite crowded in the evenings. Due to the warmer weather we have now, this issue has been resolved entirely.
Thank you for commenting on the absense of wasps. I am sure this is very reassuring for many guests, although generally they do tend to appear later in the season. Nevertheless, we have taken all possible measures in an effort to minimise their presence.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you to the hotel again in future.
In the meantime we wish you all the best and thank you once again for your feedback.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for a week in May 2011. The location is fantastic if you're looking for a relaxing, quiet hotel with absolutely stunning views. But if you're looking for a lot of action in your holiday, this is definately not the place for you. The hotel staff were really friendly and helpful. The food was good, but I wouldn't say it was 5 star quality. We went with the all inclusive, premier plus option and were really pleased that we had because the drinks were really expensive. Over £11.00 for a gin and tonic! The best time of day was sitting outside on the terrace having a long relaxing lunch, taking in the stunning views and having our wine glasses refillied without having to ask. The large choice of cocktails at the pool bar was also very good. The hotel has it's own prIvate pebble beach and the sea was really good to swim in. Was impressed that there was a lifeguard there all the time. Beach towels were provided by the hotel. We hardly saw any wasps, but it may have been too early in the season for them. I'm a poor sleeper, but the hotel was really quiet at night so that was an added bonus. I wouldn't say the hotel was 5 star - more like 4 star, but it was fine. I could make a few very minor negative comments, but all in all it was a great relaxing holiday in a very beautiful part of Corfu.

Room Tip: The fo
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AnnetteMurray
Dearest Guests,

Thank you for your review and comments about the Grecotel Eva Palace.
I feel that your review is very honest, largely accurate and draws a very realistic picture of our hotel. I trust it will be most helpful to readers who are interested in visitng. Whilst we are blessed with beautiful surroundings and stunning views, we also make great efforts to provide friendly service that our guests will remember. Of course there are always areas that can be improved. We are working on these and strive to become better all the time.
Thank you again for your input and we wish you all the best for the future.
Perhaps we will be fortunate enough to welcome you back to the Eva Palace soon.

Scotland
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Lovely room with beautiful views. Food was good with a fair amount of choice but not sure if it was 5 star food! Good hotel if you take the premium plus option otherwise a bit pricey. A bit more remote than we were expecting which was disappointing as we had booked for 2 weeks. Good choice of hotel if you just wish to chill for your holiday or if you want to hire a car and do a bit of driving. However the downside was nature itself in providng us with more wasps than we thought were possible. Stung several times and bitten to bits by the annoying mozzies but I suppose nothing can be done about that!! Staff were efficient but not that friendly unless you made the effort with them. Guest relations person only seemed interested in the German guests and being Scottish and fair skinned I took exception to her commenting on that fact that I was burning (which I wasn't just my skin tone pink!!!) even though I had like factor 30 on and it was the second last day of our two week holiday!!! All in all a lovely place but not sure about the 5 star rating!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Scottish79
evapalace, General Manager at Grecotel Eva Palace, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
Dearest Guests,

We would like to thank you most sincerely for your genuine comments regarding your recent stay at the Grecotel Eva Palace!

We would like to inform you as well as all readers who are considering visiting the Eva Palace, that although wasps are a significant issue in Corfu during the summer months, we are hopeful that this summer there will be fewer and their presence will not be so strong. We have taken more preventative measures than ever before, placing hundreds of traps around the perimeter of the property. Also, eco-friendly substances have been used where appropriate (in accordance with ISO:22000) in an effort to control their presence. Also, we would like our guests to know that the hotel is equipped with all the necessary first aid facilites that could be needed in the event of a sting. However, as we are sure you will appreciate, the presence of wasps is a natural phenomenon, not specific to our hotel or to the area of Kommeno. Although great efforts are made to keep them at bay and limit their presence, we are unable to control them totally.

We were disappointed to read that you felt that the Guest Relations representative was more interested in socialising with German guests. It is true that the Eva Palace welcomes many guests from Germany, many of them repeaters who return year after year. However, I am sure you can confirm that there were also many guests from the United Kingdom and other European countries such as Belgium and France present during your stay. As a hotel chain (and at property level) we are proud of our multinational guest base. We try hard to keep a balance among the many nationalities of our guests. Also, our staff and management come from a variety of countries and backgrounds. In fact, the Rooms Division Manager of our hotel is British, our chief entertainer is Cuban, our Reservations Manager is Belgian and our Guest Relations Manager has spent many years of her life in Germany and the United Kingdom.
Our service staff and management are always equally attentive to all guests, regardless of their nationality.
I sincerely hope that you did not feel offended by the dicussion you shared with our Guest Relations Manager regarding sun exposure. I admit that I do not fully understand exactly what was said. Nevertheless I am absolutely certain that her comments were either comments of concern or simply an effort to make polite discussion. We have had guests suffer dangerous sunburns at the hotel in the past and we are therefore always quick to recommend prevention. In any case, I would like to extend to you my sincerest apologies for this misunderstanding.
I hope that looking back, you may realise that her intentions were good and in no way discriminating or offensive.

The Eva Palace is fortunate enough to have received excellent guest reviews with regards to the service provided by our staff. I feel fortunate to have colleagues that are characterised by integrity and enthusiasm and sincerely believe that our guests acknowledge this in their reviews.

I would favour the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Grecotel Eva Palace and to personally attend to your every requirement. I am confident that a return visit to our hotel would
leave you with many more positive impressions than the ones you were already kind enough to mention. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally.

E-mail:gman_ep@grecotel.gr
uk
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We always said "we would never go back" on the grounds there are so many great hotels and great locations in the world. Then we discovered Eva Palace in 2008 and have been back every year since and have booked again for 2011. We have never had a problem which hasn't been resolved immediately by the really helpful staff. Guest Relations Elini especially helpful. It's a unique mix of international quality standards and a friendly feel. Fantastic and can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank marcruse
Dear Guests,

I cannot thank you enough for your wonderful review about the Grecotel Eva Palace!
It is a great pleasure for me and also for all my colleagues to read your kind comments.
What are the dates of your visit for 2011? Please be so kind as to send us a brief e-mail
so that we can allocate you the best possible accommodation and accommodate any
special requests you may have!

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Eva Palace very soon.

Kind regards,

doncaster
Reviewed February 20, 2011

The best holiday we have ever experienced. We chose to opt for the premium plus package before departure this proved to be excellant value for money. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the guest room is cleaned everyday and beds and towles changed frequently. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff who were very curteous. There was an extensive selection of food offered for breakfast, I particularly liked the smoked salmon which was sliced to order, we had lunch in the restaurant by the pool bar which was delightful, may i also recommend the a la carte restaurant in the evening, superb food. The a la carte restaurant also offered a lobster special evening once a week, we went and sat outside on the terrace looking over to dassia, very romantic.

I would not hesitate to return to this hotel and have joined the Grecotel priviledge club in anticipation.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kazmatazDoncaster
evapalace, General Manager at Grecotel Eva Palace, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Dearest Guests,

I wanted just briefly, to thank you for writing about our hotel, the Grecotel Eva Palace!
Your words of praise are extremely rewarding for us all! It is such a pleasure to know
that our efforts are appreciated and comments like yours are a great motivator for my team
and of course for me personally!
I thank you sincerely once again, on behalf of the Eva Palace team!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future...
Please remember to e-mail me directly, prior to your arrival, so that I may greet you personally.

Best wishes from sunny Corfu!
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed January 30, 2011

We stayed in the hotel one week. It was ok, but we expected more from Grecotel.
Rooms are nice - spacious, clean, with a nice view.
The territory of the hotel and swimming pool are clean.
Beach is very small, difficult to find a free chair.
Very expensive bar - cappuccino 6 Euro!
Poor breakfast. No local dishes at all.
We rented a car and explored the island, without it it would be too boring for us in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
evapalace, General Manager at Grecotel Eva Palace, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Dear Guests,

My name is Mr. Stratos Mavralexakis, I am the General Manager of the Grecotel Eva Palace and I thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Eva Palace.
However, I feel I must clarify certain points that you address in your comments.

You mention that you had trouble finding free sunbeds at the beach. Indeed, the beach at the Eva Palace is relatively small. However, it is equipped with 200 sunbeds, whereas the pool area has 250 and the private villas have 15-20. The amount of subeds, therefore is over and above the maximum capacity of the hotel. Also, I am sure you will remember that most guests tend to spend most of their time around the sea-water pool and fewer prefer to use the beach. As I have never personally seen the beach area to be totally full, nor all of the beach subeds to be occupied at one time, I am surprised by your comments. I visit these areas 2-3 times per day myself. I am sorry that you did not mention this to a member of staff at the time. We could have brought some extra sunbeds to the beach area and corrected this immediately.

The price for a cappuccino at any bar at our hotel during your stay was 3,80 Euro and not 6 Euro as you stated. Furthermore in an effort to reduce prices and increase guest satisfcation, we discounted the prices of all the most popular beverages by 20% in 2010. Also, we developed the new Premium Plus package for guests who want to pay a flat, yet competitive rate for whatever they are to consume during their holiday. This package has proven to be extremely popular as it represents outstanding value for money.

The Breakfast Buffet at the Eva Palace is extensive and varied, containing a number of Greek foods, which are located at a separate part of the buffet. Also, these items are different every day. Many non-resident guests visit our hotel on a regular basis just to have breakfast as it is one of the richest breakfast buffets on the island. As food is a matter of taste and individual preferences vary from person to person, we accept that you may not have been satisfied with the food on offer at the buffet. We would have been more than happy to prepare something different for your breakfast, had you mentioned your displeasure to a member of staff or management.

It is always interesting and inspiring for me to read genuine, truthfull feedback reported by our guests and I thank you once again, for taking the time to write your comments.
We would be happy to welcome you to the Eva Palace again in future and I will personally do my best to see to your every need during your stay. Please contact me directly before your arrival.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kommeno Bay
#1 of 1 in Agios Spyridonas
Corfu Mare Boutique Hotel
Corfu Mare Boutique Hotel
#3 of 10 in Corfu Town

Been to Grecotel Eva Palace? Share your experiences!