All reviews the owner el salvador huge beer selection loud music nice bar beer list belgian waffles monkey lala rooms are very basic swimming pool minute walk from the beach excellent place to stay two nights enjoyed our stay the main street other places gilles
Reviewed December 5, 2015

Mopelia is the place to stay if you want to experience El Tunco but still get some peace and quiet.
We intended to stay 2 nights but ended up staying for 5. It felt like we had the place to ourselves. Lots of hammocks to chill in and a pool to swim in. The beach is about 20 metres from the back gate.
The restaurants and bars are about 2 minute walk away yet its still nice and quiet here. Rooms are nothing special but you are only there to sleep. WIFI is great in all areas and the owner is really helpful.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2015

Last time we visited we stayed here and loved it. Great selection of craft beer, pool, great location. The owner is incredibly kind and helpful. Helped out with medical issues and went above and beyond. Really put my heart at easy in a really stressful situation.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2015 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for a few days and I must say, after several disappointing days in El Salvador and our initial attempt to come to El Tunco (as beautiful as it is, the beach is not the best for swimming, sadly), we were so relieved to finally find a place as enjoyable as this one! There is a pool, one of the best bars I've been to in all of Central and South America with great classic rock music and 40 international beers to choose from! It is very well-kept, the owner is very friendly, seconds away from the beach and everything else El Tunco has to offer. Overall, a fantastic, very relaxing and enjoyable stay! Your best option when visiting El Tunco.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2015

I stayed at a hostel nearby and ended up going to Mopelia's bar 4 times in 3 days. With 4 taps and 40 bottled beers, the bar offers the best beer selection I've seen in all of Central America. They have an excellent variety, mostly from the US and Germany, but other countries are represented as well. The burgers and sandwiches are tasty, filling and reasonably priced. Overall the bar has a chill atmosphere and always has great music playing in the background. If I'm ever in the area again, I'll go back to El Tunco just to go to Mopelia.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2015

We are a couple and loved this place so much, that we ended up staying for a while during our holiday. Rooms were very clean and well maintained also providing discounts for longer stays.

The surf at Sunzal was great for me, as I was not that good when I first started, although it could be big on some days, it is also helpful for those first starting !, However, most impressive was the atmosphere in the bar/restaurant area created by great music, Gilles and the food made by his wife, Pati, I ate there nearly every night. Any question you need to be answered, Gilles is there is with a smile !

Also being a hostel owner I can only highly recommended , I will be back one day !

Thanks again !