All reviews private island mombacho volcano avocado toast empanadas tree house small island thoughtful staff day bed free kayaks mango drinks were delicious yoga pavilion treehouse room fresh smoothies boat ride total relaxation lake breeze
Selected filters
Reviewed May 20, 2019

I spent 4 days on my own at Isleta El Espino. I wanted to get away from my busy family to work on a book and wanted to be somewhere very beautiful where I'd feel taken care of. El Espino was perfect. As soon as I arrived I upgraded to a little casita because the view was stunning and it had a better working area for me to tuck myself away. I swam in the lake each day, I kayaked, I did yoga, I wrote and I ate great food. The staff were incredibly friendly and attentive. The food was great. The design is stunning. And... being an eco lodge didnt mean a sacrifice on comfort or power. I've been to a few eco lodges where you feel like every time you charge your phone you are being a bad person.... there was never an issue with power which I thought was incredible for a place that relies 100% on solar energy (with a back up generator when needed).

Room tip: I loved the casita's with the view of mombacho but all the rooms are great
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2019

Got in late Sunday after spending a day in and around Leon with my family of 4 (2 teenage boys). BTW If you are looking for a great tour operator, contact Nelson at Samaritan Tours. Our private boat picked us up at the dock and took us to our own 'Tom Sawyer' private island. Accommodations are first rate whether you are looking for luxury stay or Eco-Lodge type experience. Bed was very comfortable and lake breeze was cool at night. Breakfast was perfect; overlooking at a distance small groups of fisherman & volcanoes in the distant foreground.

We spent the next day touring around Masaya. Lots to see and experience. The following day enjoyed a full day in and around Grenada. Again both days Nelson from Samaritan Tours was our very own exceptional personal tour guide. I would suggest a horse and buggy tour of the city. We kayaked around the lake when we got back as well.

The last night we had dinner at Isleta El Espino Ecolodge. Fish, vegetables, drinks, desert, and service was absolutely wonderful. Beautiful night overlooking the lake.

The last morning we got up very early (4AM) to head to the coast. Once again our ferry ride was prompt. We even got a parting breakfast to go which was a very nice touch.

I would encourage staying here if you have a few days in the Grenada area. You wont be disappointed.

Dave

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had the absolute pleasure of staying on this mini remote island. Customer service was excellent, drinks were delicious, the 360 views were incredible, and entire island didn’t spare a single detail. Our rooms were super clean, lovely, and cozy. All the decor was exquisite and made you feel like you had your own island in this magical outdoor living space. Defintely schedule a massage too! Recommend staying 1-2 nights.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

I stayed in this beautiful Island April 18,19 2019.
Started by being escorted in a small boat by Henry to then be greeted by Martin in the island. Martin walked us around the island showing us all the vegetables grown on the island including cilantro, green bananas, mint, spinach. Showed us how the island is an Ecolodge meaning powered by Solar Power in which I personaly feel its great as it doesnt harm any surround ecosystems. I felt I was at home there was four other guests staying in which I came in contact with two of the girls in which where from Vancouver. We ate Chicken tacos for lunch with a natural lemonade very tasty, and we had dinner over looking Volcano Mombacho. In overall there are no words to describe how peaceful and beautiful this hidden gem is I recommend it highly and will most definately be back. Excellent service my Martin and staff please visit this island Nicaragua is a safe place to travel. I felt safe everywhere I went.

Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

This was the best part of our trip. We did a variety of other things and loved them all, but nothing can beat waking up on this isleta. The views are incredible, the trees give you nice shade and keep the temperature perfect during the day, and there are plenty of things to do (kayak, pool, tours, etc).