Review Highlights
Baking Together

We had a fantastic morning baking with Sara, baking bread was definately a highlight. Sara was... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Penny C
via mobile
Truly delicious Bread!

You can order various breads via the website for collection Friday evenings. Decided it was time to... read more

Reviewed February 18, 2019
Anne M
London, United Kingdom

All reviews bee keeping bread cheese making learning how eggs different types delicious lunch cakes lovely home great teacher lovely environment cinnamon buns feel so welcome seville orange carrot cake sweet savoury water biscuits
Selected filters
Reviewed July 12, 2018

Sara was a wonderful host and her cinnamon buns and tea were delightful. I learned a ton about gardening and chickens. I highly recommend taking a course.

Thank Critter Compani... b
Reviewed June 27, 2018

Our whole experience was one of excellence. Sara imparted her secure and expert knowledge of hen keeping to us questionning amateurs. We felt warmly welcomed into the authenticity of her lifestyle and I'm very keen to try more of her courses.
If you're just considering booking one...I really encourage you to book now, you really won't be disappointed.
Sue + Amy Jones

Reviewed June 20, 2018

I have been looking for a baking course for sometime but wanted something homely and not very ‘Chefy’. Having spent the day with Sara yesterday in the comfort of her lovely home-I can say -it was the perfect decision.Sara was welcoming and informative but what struck me most was how she could supervise us,organise and serve lunch,talk to her chicken( and kids )and not seem stressed at all!
I came home not only with lovely handcrafted bread,both savoury and sweet ,but tips and techniques to create the magic in my kitchen for people I love!Sara simplified what recipe books seem to often complicate.With her patient and positive attitude, I left feeling like a proper baker! In fact on the way to work, I have planned my Christmas baking treats and intend to organise more days at Hens Corner with Sara.Not to forget the freshly baked pizza and home made wine!
My family members loved the delicacies that came home.Fennel and fig loaf was a great hit as well as the chilly with cheese.
A big ‘Thank you’ to Sara and the two lovely people who joined with me!

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

I was given a voucher for a bread making day course for Christmas and at last I had time to take it up. Sara is super organised and a great teacher. We started off with a cup of coffee in the garden, being introduced to the bees and the hens. Then, hands washed and aprons on, we got down to work. We were each given a bowl, flour, water and yeast, and we weighed our ingredients before mixing the dough. I struggled with the kneading techniques but Sara was incredibly patient and I learnt loads of tips. The day included a lovely lunch and then our breads were ready to go into the oven. We made a huge selection of breads and struggled home with a load of delicious buns and loaves. Lots of fun and a great day out. Suitable for everybody - from beginners to bread-makers. I look forward to doing another Hen Corner course again soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

We had a fantastic Chicken Keeping Course experience at Hen Corner. Sara was very welcoming, with Pimms and nibbles. The evening was informative, relaxed and meeting all the chickens and their various personalities was so much fun. Topped off with coffee and cake. Highly highly recommended!

Date of experience: May 2018