See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 5, 2018

Having visited the newly refurbished Kings Arms with our two, very well behaved children, a number of times over the Summer we called in on Friday at 4pm with our friends visiting from Ireland, another professional couple with a young and very well behaved son, for a quick drink on our way home.

When we came in, the pub was empty, only two or three office workers sitting at the bar, a construction worker standing the bar and a small handful of people sitting down.

We went to sit down at a completely empty banquette area near the door when the owner came over to advise us that the table was reserved and asked us to move to the games room area just beside it. There were no reserved signs on any of the tables but we said, ok, no problem at all.

My 4 year old son started to show his young friend the games he like to play (which he had on previous occasions played with carefully and put back perfectly and in their entirety into their boxes and back on to the shelves where he had found them), Connect 4 and a grid of large Nought and Crosses blocks.

I had not even lifted my 16 month old Daughter out of her buggy yet when the Owner came over again and advised us that their target customers, as we could see, were office workers and if our Children started to make a lot of noise, we would have to leave.

We were a little surprised, both by looking at the virtually empty bar and the fact that our Children had made no indication that they were going to make a lot of noise.
Both my Husband and I and our two friends are Professionals and work either in Managerial or teaching positions and were relatively well dressed. I also feel I need to say that our young Daughter is on home Oxygen and is therefore never more than a metre away from me when she is out of her buggy as I carry her portable Oxygen cylinder. It was pretty obvious that we were only there for an early quiet drink, possibly food and that we would not be going crazy. We certainly never let our Children get rowdy or disturb any customers, anywhere we go, but we said, Ok.

Before she left, the Owner turned back again and advised us that the games were really for Adults and not for Children to play with. We said ok and let her go but enough was enough. I still had not even lifted my Daughter out of her buggy. We put the coats back on our Sons and left. We really could not have been made to feel more unwelcome and we were extremely embarrassed that we had brought our lovely Visitors here.

I looked up the website when I got home to see if we had just not realised on previous visits that families were not allowed, and was surprised to read the following in the About Us Section:

"Friendly: The Kings Arms is a place where everyone is welcome. We know our regulars by name and will always greet a customer with a friendly smile and a bit of chit chat. We are part of the community and treat office workers and residents with the same respect as students and local builders".

Unfortunately that does not seem to include young families.

It would have been much more respectful if the Owner had just told us at the beginning that they were expecting to get really busy soon and would prefer for us to leave. Instead the Owner seemed to make every excuse possible and was just rude.

Despite what it says not their website, the Kings Arms is Not Friendly, Not Warm, Not Fun-Loving and Not Accommodating and we will Not be back.

There are certainly many more much friendlier and welcoming pubs in Brentford to chose from.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Paul_Allison
Reviewed October 16, 2018

Stayed at the King's Arms for a wedding in Syon Park which is a 5 minute taxi away.

It is cheap and cheerful; the check in was quick and easy (on a Friday evening too), friendly staff and the room was in the cottage next to the pub so much quieter.

The bed was quite lumpy and saggy so personally found it uncomfortable (reckon they could do with a mattress upgrade) but aside from that everything was clean, there was coffee/tea and a TV and a hot shower.

When I came back after Saturday morning shopping, someone had cleaned the room and made the bed, but had failed to put any more toilet roll in the bathroom!

Also booking.com said that there would be a hairdryer and toiletries which there weren't.

All in all it's a great and convenient place to stay if you have business or engagements in the area. The pub food and drinks were also really good!

Room tip: the cottage next door is quieter
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Loved it! I am a fan of the Sunday Roast and it has to be said it’s a good one. The chicken was moist and fresh vege - the roast potatoes are amazing. They offer more vege or yorkies but it’s huge to start with so just had more of the superb gravy. Really friendly service and we will be back! Highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful improvement in the last year. Management and service is excellent, food is delicious and of course the drink is good. Clean, stylish but not pretentious. Delighted to see and enjoy this pub doing well

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

We stayed with friends. Easy access to central London via train..a 5 minute walk or buses. Nice local area good cafe and Indian restaurant. Opposite the pub is a small sandwich bar/cafe....great value and intresting owner...with local info.

Definitely stay again. Pub meals ...great. recently refurbished and really lovely.
Our accomodation was a terrace house next to the pub. We had the two upstairs rooms...excellent value. GREAT shower.

Date of stay: May 2018