1,209 results
All reviews glass wall bluetooth speaker pool and sauna executive room minute walk great west road car park south ealing tube station mini fridge lovely hotel excellent facilities up to date piccadilly line the sofa bed bar restaurant kew gardens public transport
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights for business. All I can say is wow, what a beautiful, and technologically advanced hotel. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Rooms were comfortable, clean and very up to date. I particularly liked the glass panel frosting contraption to obscure the bathroom from view, very nifty, and the Club Sandwich was amazing!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Terence B, General Manager at Novotel London Brentford, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2019

Dear G6073BDkarenf,

Thank you for your excellent TripAdvisor review following your recent stay with us. It was so nice to read how much you enjoyed the hotel in particular the high tech and comfort. Please continue to make Novotel London Brentford your preferred choice of hotel when visiting London. We are therefore looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 2, 2019

New Years Eve 31 Dec 2018 so i decided to book a hotel for the family, our room was nice but very hot i asked my wife if it was me and she said it was, but i have read some reviews and other people have complained so theres definitely a heat problem the rooms are not regulated by the the thermostat at all, Firstly there was a-lot of guests so the restaurant was very packed which is understandable on new years day, so we decided to eat in the lobby there is a mini waiting room which you can eat at so we decided to eat there. I grabbed a tray so i could carry drinks to my family, i was approached by a the manager of restaurant a Chinese lady, she grabbed the tray from me and asked me what am i doing with that, i explained i was going to eat in lobby because the restaurant was full, She snarled and walked off, she has zero customer service skills i then proceeded to get my family some food and drinks, we sat down and started to eat when one of my children was like ewww theres a fly and started to fan it away, now i thought this was odd as its winter and there are not many flies in the UK during winter, i then got up because my wife wanted a coffee from the restaurant, so i went to the bar and asked the waitress could i have a take away cup please, on returning to the bar/restaurant i looked up at the ceiling and the only way to describe it would be to call it fly city there was thousands of flies it was absolutely disgusting i felt sick, its winter there should not be any flies let alone a thousand in a buffet restaurant, i immediately went to the reception to complain and was told that the Chinese lady was the manager of the restaurant, and i would need to speak to her. Which i didn't do as she was so rude already i just left and felt rather sick to be honest, nice hotel just don't eat here as hygiene is not a priority. A refund would be nice as i haven't felt that sick in a long time.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Terence B, General Manager at Novotel London Brentford, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2019

Dear B2529JKmarkd

Thank you for your TripAdvisor feedback regarding your New Year's Eve stay with us. I am sorry to read how disappointed you are with your stay. A number of the concerns you mentioned in your review are quite serious, which I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss further with you. Could you therefore please contact me direct to address.

Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

First off, the hotel was ok, the room was ok.

Breakfast is a disaster, long waitig times, chaos, childeren running and screaming. One morning we asked 5 times for coffee and left breakfast without. This is really a big problem and really puts stress on the rest of the day. Please sort this out and the hotel would be a lot better.

Staff however was nice and polite, helpfull overall.

Date of stay: December 2018

Dear Thorrin,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was sorry to learn of your disappointing breakfast experience. While the team were nice and polite it is unfortunate that we did not better manage the high volume of guests, namely families with children. I therefore sincerely apologise for the inconveniences experienced and have already taken corrective actions to prevent this from happening again. I can assure you that your next stay with us will be a more enjoyable one. I am looking forward to hearing from you and welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

I stay in hotels a lot, from very basic to 4/5 star. This is the worst hotel I’ve stayed in for 20+ years as far as expectation and value for money are concerned.

We arrived at 1pm. Not allowed in room til 2pm. Fair enough, but receptionist was very rude. We stayed in the bar for an hour which was filthy! The floor was disgusting, tables hasn’t been cleaned and flies everywhere. Honestly, I stay in cheap hotels in developing countries and the service and cleanliness is always better!

The bar was understaffed and one of the bar staff was curt and brusque. In fairness the food was ok and delivered fairly quickly. The toilets were dirty!

The room was nice! Big bathroom and comfy beds. We were exhausted after New Years Eve so just ordered room service. They wanted to charge us £5 to bring it to our room. I have NEVER been asked to pay money for room service, ever.

The food was average. Panini 7/10, Pizza 3/10. All tomato sauce and no cheese! Cost was reasonable.

Would I ever go back to a Novotel? Definitely not.

Oh and the location is plain weird. My recommendation, go to a Travel Lodge and go out for a meal.

Advice to Novotel. Get some staff training sorted ASAP or maybe pay your staff more? I’m not sure what’s going on in your hotel, but it not up to 4* standard which you claim.

1  Thank Davidgirlinguk

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review regarding your stay with us on New Year's Eve. Although you were pleased with your bedroom and bathroom, I am sorry that your overall stay was unsatisfactory. We try to provide early check in when possible, however due to the high occupancy that day we could only provide you with your room at the standard check in time of 2:00pm.

Despite how busy that bar was, there is no excuse for the behaviour of any member of our team to be viewed as rude so we are currently looking into this.

The room service tray charge is standard in most 4/5 star hotels so lessons for us to learn in how to better communicate this charge to our guests.

We clearly failed to meet your expectations on this occasion with the services we provided. I therefore apologise for the inconveniences you experienced and it is our hope that you will give us another opportunity at Novotel London Brentford to get it right. I am looking forward to hearing from you and welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed December 28, 2018 via mobile

We have been here 4 years ago and it was very nice, with good food, clean. For all these reasons we have booked here again. Never again. The hotel has become a family uneducated place where it is difficult even having a breakfast because there are many families in a not big area and the cleaning service is slow and approximated. I had to ask for a clean table and I had to wait 10 minutes with the plate in my hand. There were several empty tables but no one was clean despite was 10,30 a.m and fortunately the most part of the people had left. There is a lot of confusion all around. The staff doesn't say or do anything to guarantee a good professional service. Also the room are not very clean with not a high service. The breakfast doesn't have big variety. The swimming pool has cold water in December and it's absurd and many people lives all the things around and no one check it. Service is the biggest problem in this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2018

Dear Annalisa,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. It was sorry to read how disappointing this stay was compared to your previous stay 4 years ago shortly after the hotel opened. At Novotel we aim to meet and exceed out guests' expectations, however on this occasion we failed to do so. I therefore sincerely apologise for the inconveniences you experienced.

I have also responded in more detail to the guest satisfaction survey you completed and looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I am hoping to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.