All reviews boston manor executive room canal side car park reception staff business hotel piccadilly line central london twickenham stadium duty manager a short bus ride tube station breakfast was excellent the air conditioning good nights sleep night's sleep comfy bed
Selected filters
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

A tired room and this is an executive room. Certainly not value for money.

A TV on the wall that doesn't tilt or swivel to be viewed from the working desk. V odd!

An out of date bathroom.

And don't think about trying to order room service. . . I ended up dialling the main number from my mobile because the buttons don't work and internal calls to reception don't get answered.

And then there are the suggestions left on you pillow to decline the maid service. Do the right thing and save the planet and don't have your room made up!

And then come and collect your room service order in preference to have us deliver it to your room!

These are not consistent with a brand looking to lead in the hospitality market. Or not at the market level they operate in anyway.

Overall it doesn't cone up to scratch with some budget hotels so I'm confused about other reviewers rave reviews. I even wonder if they are genuine? Yiive guessed it I won't be back!

Trip type: Traveled on business
damianfrewer, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Brentford Lock, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2019

Dear RKJ001

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I appreciate that not all the hotel feature such as TV wall brackets are not fully to modern standards, but I am sure you will agree that the rooms are a nice size, well positioned and all our executive rooms have balconies which do add a nice touch. An increasing number of our guest really love our "Greener Stay" proposition. It's a really great way of environmentally conscious guests being able to help us reduce our carbon footprint and chemical use. We even reward you for it with points! Our collection service for food, is also well loved as it gives you the opportunity to come to the lobby order some food, have a drink whilst you wait and socialise and then take your food to the privacy of your room and help reduce the costs of tray charges. I am confident that all these initiatives are in line with industry norms and I know for a fact that Hilton, Marriott and IHG are all doing this. In regard to whether the reviews are genuine then I can re-assure you they are all 100% genuine, just as genuine as your's. I must admit the telephone not working must have been an annoyance and for that I am very sorry. We take all our guest feedback very seriously so if you would like to discuss the matter any further then please do not hesitate to contact me - gm@hibrentfordlock.co.uk .

Regards,

Damian

Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for two nights 5th-7th april as we went to twickenham to watch rugby. The hotel is lovely, the minute we walked in we were welcomed by friendly staff. Our executive room was amazing!! Big room, comfy bed, mini fridge, coffee machine, big bathroom and a gorgeous outdoor balcony overlooking the lock! It was peaceful, clean and the breakfast was delicious both mornings. Our evening meal was also lovely and resonably priced. I can’t fault the hotel at all. Would definately stay again, its near to brentford train station.. 12 min walk or 4 mins in a taxi (ubers are cheap!) look forward to hopefully visiting again in the future! Thank you.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
damianfrewer, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Brentford Lock, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Dear Kirstyg632,

I would like to start by thanking you to take the time to leave such a wonderful review following your stay with us.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay, your executive room and breakfast and have shared your feedback with the hotel team, they are very happy to see your comments!

I hope that we see you again very soon! :)

Reviewed April 4, 2019

We stay at quite a lot of hotels and usually have some niggling complaints. But here -
none!
Friendly efficient reception, room very clean,everything worked,good bar/eating facilities{wine quite expensive but good),.
Overall very refreshing to stay at a hotel where all staff pulled together effortlessly.

Room tip: 2xdouble bedrooms do not have canal views.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Roving401768,

I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay and have shared your feedback with the hotel team, they are very happy to see your comments!

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future to stay with us again

Reviewed April 4, 2019

Enjoyed my stay in the hotel and staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. The location is nicely outside the busier areas of the North Circular and A4 and located in an interesting canal side location. Great walks by the canal at the junction with the Thames. Also an east walk to Syon Park. Brentford is changing rapidly but is still fairly quiet at night. Parking is a bit of a pain at £14 a night but thats fairly common these days. Breakfast was standard hotel fare. Search out The Weir Pub if you are looking for a good place to eat in the evening with a pint of Fullers.

Date of stay: March 2019
damianfrewer, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Brentford Lock, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2019

Dear jimwO5258LZ,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your stay with us.

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I certainly hope that in the future you will come back to stay again.

Reviewed March 23, 2019

We use the hotel for overnight stay, conference facilities and the use of their amenities.
They have a strong team which communicates, works with each other to provide an exceptional service.
The coffee machines in the conference area do break down which is frustrating, and the air conditioning can be an issue to regulate.
They do though offer good snack options. Accommodate dietary requirements and are very helpful to ensure that our needs are met. They will always try to exceed our expectations.
The hotel rooms are nice and clean. dependant on which room, the air conditioning again can be hard to regulate. The water is hot though and beds are comfy.

Room tip: All rooms of a good standard.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
damianfrewer, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Brentford Lock, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2019

Hello thedexperience,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review after your recent stay with us!

The conference coffee machines are currently being looked into, we value your honest feedback and hope that we can welcome you back in the very near future.