Review Highlights
A must do

Firstly, we have to thanks our tour operator and guide Cham for all the hard work he put into... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
johnbV7950ES
Chiang Mai, Thailand
via mobile
Wonderful introduction to Laos

We were picked up from Chang Rai exactly when promised, and helped across the border into Laos... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Chris A

All reviews pak beng pak ou caves chiang rai slow boat relaxing trip public boat two days thai border border crossing boat captain beautiful boat hill tribe village english speaking guide visa process dropped off low season great trip
Reviewed January 28, 2016

We had a great cruise - just as described. The people were very nice, food was excellent, excursions as promised and the weather was great. I highly recommend this tour. It exceeded all of my expectations.

1  Thank Julie H
Reviewed January 27, 2016 via mobile

We had planned to go with Mekong Smile Cruises as we had read the good reviews and the price seemed good.
When we showed up at the office in Hua Xai friday 22/1 and wanted to join the boat leaving saturday 23/1 we were told there were no boats leaving until 30/1. As they had no reservations they did not run the boat.
We ended up going with another company, and that was great too, but I write this as information for others that travel without a schedule, so that you know it's not just to show up.

4  Thank eleonorer568
Houmpheng D, Owner at Mekong Smile Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2016

Thank you for your review, we apprciate any feedback. We are a very popular cruise and have a large public demand so would reccommend anyone wanting to join the Mekong Smile Cruise to book in advance, i am sorry if this caused any distruption to your travels and hope you enjoyed your experience.

Reviewed January 17, 2016

This cruise could not have been better. From the moment I was picked up, until I was dropped off at my guesthouse after the cruise, I could not have asked for anything better. The boat was beautiful, the guide was knowledgeable and fun, and always available to answer any questions. The food was excellent, and non - stop. The Captain obviously knew his job very well - this river requires good navigational skills. The stops were informative, and well planned. The scenery was above and beyond what I expected. Everyone on our cruise considered it a perfect 2 days.

1  Thank Adventureglo61
Reviewed January 1, 2016

A fantastic trip on an clean nice boat, with good food and people that cared for you every step. Drivers were on time, everyone was helpful, the scenery was perfect, something We would really recommend. Good value!

2  Thank Marita T
Reviewed December 31, 2015 via mobile

Despite being a relatively new company Mekong Smile ticked all the boxes. From the moment we booked they were helpful, friendly (there was no hard sell which was nice) and well organised. The boat, on the first day in particular, was charming! It was clean, comfortable and had great food. A perfect way to spend a couple of days drifting down the Mekong. I would whole heartily recommend this company to anyone thinking of booking.

Date of experience: December 2015