“A really awful hotel so why the hell did I stay there?”

Keo Oudom Phone Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huay Xai
Keo Oudom Phone Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Huay Xai
Sheffield, Yorkshire, England
“A really awful hotel so why the hell did I stay there?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

I had seen a couple of fairly positive reviews of the Keooudomphone Hotel in Huay Xai so after getting off the river ferry from Thailand, I made a bee-line for the place. It was a good twenty minutes walk and by the time I got there I was so hot and tired that I just said yes to the room without really looking at it.

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels in my life and this ,may well be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Why? First of all - the out of the way location. It would have been better to stay near the ferry terminal. Secondly - the really cheap quality of the room's fittings. Threadbare sheets. An ancient portable TV set etc.. Thirdly and most importantly - the dirtiness of the room. Horrible finger marks on the walls, Grime in the bathroom and mortar missing from the window grille allowing access to mosquitoes.

Because of a dripping tap in the bathroom and a dripping U-bend beneath the sink, I suffered an injury to my foot in this place. I slipped and in trying to prevent myself from falling I caught my right foot on a jagged tile at the threshold. There was blood everywhere but I managed to clean the wound up, put plasters on it and limped for the next few days. This was all down to poor maintenance. Fortunately I was able to avoid serious infection.

The staff were hard to find and gave no "service" whatsoever. It was a very nasty and unloved place. Only stay here if you are a sado-masochist or you are writing a book on the world's worst hotels.

Room Tip: Don't go there!