Hotel Pelicano
Sol Cayo Largo(Cayo Largo)
$204
$178
galahotels.com
$118
HotelsClick
Villa Lindamar(Cayo Largo)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Playa Larga(Playa Larga)
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,036 results
All reviewszun zunla yanalobby barpizzafishchickenentre mareskids poolkids clubplaya sirenabeautiful beachbeach restauranta la cartebuffet restaurantocean viewpasta barany questions
Reviewed February 14, 2011

SOL PELICANO

WOW, Do not worry well worth every penny. From the outside it looks a little run down (paint is faded) but inside has all be kept in great condition.
Very clean. Buffet room is inside, white table cloth excellent. Great food, you'll never go hungry. Outside they have pizza bar, hummy. By the pool more food.
And of course the beach bar has music , salad bar, rotisserie chicken, fish, burgers, fries ect...Great place for lunch.Over all we had no complaints. Also they have a doctor on site. I had a cold when I left Toronto and I thought for sure it would go away but it turned for the worse.So I decide to go see the Doctor, he was more then helpful gave me some antibiotic and syrup. I was way better by the next day Thank You.
Cold beer, Hot sun, warm Cuban air, great friends and great memories.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank nzeeshop
Reviewed February 12, 2011

My daughter Jessica and I just returned from Sol Pelicano on Friday, February 11th. Most of the positive reviews about this resort were accurate. The trip was my daughter's first to Cuba (my 7th but first time to the Caribbean side). The staff at the resort were wonderful...I won't list everyone's name as I don't want to miss anyone. We were met by Yusmila who had my daugther's birthday dinner arranged for us. Jessica turned 25 on February 8th and the trip was her birthday gift. The rooms were not what I have become accustomed to at other resorts (Melias) but were nice. The only problem was the Air conditionning which we reported. It did not work well but fortunately most nights we were able to leave the window and balcony door open and were lucky enough that it cooled off for 5 of the 7 nights. The sound of the ocean close by was wonderul to hear at night. The maids were exceptional. Our room was kept very clean and we had some pleasant surprises most days. The hotel is nothing fancy. It is the staff who make the difference here. They try to please. The food was good and we especially liked the pasta at the buffet at night. Breakfast was always good with fresh eggs, great bread and coffee that rivals the French "cafe au lait"! Pizza was exceptionally good. The pool was very clean and well maintained. The beach is the best I have visited in Cuba and long walks are possible in either direction from the resort. We took a couple of side trips to see the turtle farm and the virgin beaches of Paridisio and Sirenis---the water there was calm and warm. All in all a wonderful trip! Thank you to the staff who made us feel so welcome and made this trip special for my daughter!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Sol Pelicano is a fabulous resort! This is Cuba, every where you go someone is taking care of you with a smile and putting out the greatest effort to bring your every wish. We would start our day with Victor in the buffet room would have our table set and our favorite juice ready with a wonderful greeting every morning. Then on to Diane in the tour booth who reorganized our side trips to make sure everything happened and we had an excellent time. I still believe Noltitours should have her join in on all our fun! And Fernando couldn't have done a better job of sending us on our overnight trip to Havana. We got incredible history, lovely lunch, 5 star hotel, the Tropicana Show, shopping time, Hemingway's bar and an exciting taxi ride in a 53 convertible Studibaker. This is where you see and respect the Cuban people! Back at the resort, lunch at the beach bar was a must every day, Dante made sure we had our favorite table and everything we needed. There was great food, wine and music all while sitting in the shade with the Caribbean breeze. Our room was terrific, it was very clean, large, had a balcony and windows that open wide for a great cross breeze, we could see the ocean and were close to everything. There were lots of clean towels, fresh drinking water, hot showers, large closet and the safe was free. Although our group is not much for just sitting on the beach, Diane made sure we had one full day to just relax! She was so right, the beaches are out of this world, we were mesmerized by the clean pure beauty and the sound of the waves with the breeze. We had no problem getting chairs under and umbrella and the beach bar was close by! Beach towels do need to be change first thing in the am as we had waited and till supper time and there were none left. The "boss man" is constantly everywhere at the resort, he greets everyone and makes sure we are all having a great time. The staff love him and we saw him jump in and help them out several times. The staff are very supportive of each other and very happy in their positions. We couldn't have felt safer with these people around us on the resort or anywhere on the island. It's a must to go to the Marina and support the Turtle Sanctuary. They do an incredible job of preserving the wildlife and the beaches on this beautiful island. Also you need to visit Bella at the Marina bar, she makes the best Mahito in the world! You can get anywhere by taxi, (this is sometimes a full size bus) for 2 pesos. Sergio our taxi drive was terrific, he just seem to appear every time we needed a ride! We went deep sea fishing for Barracuda, this should probably be done in the am as we took the afternoon trip and weren't so lucky, we caught one fish and missed some but the captan was wonderful and more than made up for the fish by showing us an excellent time! We were all very happy upon our return from our excursion. The snorkeling sunset cruise is a must and a steal for the $. We visited Iguana Island, great snorkeling off the reef, then cruised through a lagoon and ate lobster on the boat in the sunset after looking for starfish in the sand. Great food, music and great sunset! All in all can't say enough about this resort. The food was excellent, best food I've had on any Caribbean Island so far! Normally you don't go to Cuba for the food, but you go to Sol Pelicano for the food and the service! Going back as soon as I can! It's perfect for families, couples, friends traveling, you can relax quietly or you can do something every day. There are many activities in the resort. I unexpectedly came home with the marksmanship award! We also visited the spa in the next resort, facial, haircut and sauna/hotub had us revamped in one evening! There is also a main disco for all the resorts for the night life. You can make your trip what you want but at the Sol Pelicano it's the people who make the place.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank getawayfromeverythin
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Direct flight there in just over 3 hours, small efficient airport and in your hotel within 30 minutes of landing at the most. Cubans are just wonderful genuine people and there to please and welcome us to their country. Hotel is easy to get around and very clean, the room are nice size with balconies with easy access to beach. The food is very very good, the best I have had in all inclusive resorst, homemade pasta bar, roasted turkey, roasted pig on a spit, ice cream, yogurt, the breads are also wonderful, we were happy with the buffet and never went to the a la carte. The island feels very safe and they also have free shuttles to other beaches. Excursions are available at very reasonable prices, Havana is a must, deep sea fishing and catamaran charters wonderful. Lots to do from Cayo Largo if you want to adventure out of the resort, also access to spa with saunas, hot tubs, messages at very good prices. The music, the staff and cuban people are again just wonderful and sincere, eveything to make your holidays one to remember, to dream of going again instead of working. The tour representatives Diane and Fernando were just wonderful help and beautiful people, it would have been really nice if they could have joined us on some tours to guide us along. A lot of value, very relaxing place to be and also nice and quick place to get to. Would definetely recommend and will be going again hopefully soon. Thank you for the warm welcome and service you provide us in your country.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank j0anneg
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I miss my home away from home. The Sol Pelicano
I miss mi hermanos y mi hermanas. I miss my extended breakfast at the most charming restaurant with the most caring people I have ever met. This place is the closest you can get to heaven.
I urge everyone to visit, you would not be dissappointed.
If you want charm - go to the Pelicano
If you want hospitality - go to the Pelicano
If you want romance - go to the pelicano
If you want top notch cuisine - go to the pelicano
Management and and staff - all 5 stars and more. All around - 5 stars and delicious....
Was there for christmas and New year, will be back soon.
Hasta la vista, to my dear friends, wishing you a very healthy and prosperous 2011.
Good luck