This was our second visit to Il Borro and we enjoyed our stay as much as the first time, in 2010. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which has maid service twice daily and has all the amenities of home. We did feel the Ciapi apartment could use a refresh of the living room furniture, perhaps some more comfortable seating, but overall we would recommend this property to anyone who wants to be in the heart of Tuscany. We took day trips every day to various places - Cortona, Siena, Montalcino, Chianti - most are 1 hour's drive and the farthest was 1 1/2 hours. The staff is great, the property is beautiful and the restaurant was renovated since we were there last and is excellent.
We also visited the Ferragamo art exhibit of art/wine etchings following our tour of the winery. I would highly recommend this as well.
Lastly, if you are at all inclined towards adventure, take the mountain bikes out on the trail ride. It is about 3 miles but is a fascinating tour of the property. The reception desk will give you a detailed description to follow and it was a breath-taking way to see the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Telling its stories, a place becomes part of those stories. The legend takes on a life beyond the place and becomes timeless.The origins of the village of Il Borro are lost in the history of medieval Tuscany and the famous people who established the reputation of the region. Every alley, every stone speaks of a time that once was, of flavours and scents that recall the memory of a rare and more authentic Tuscany.Surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, in the shadow of the cypress trees of the ancient Via dei Sette Ponti, (an area rich in art and culture between the three main cities of Tuscany Florence, Arezzo and Siena), Il Borro is an open window on history, a fresco to a far away world. The Medici dynasty, the Savoia family and now the Ferragamo family have safeguarded and preserved this precious oasis, making this place, suspended between past and present, a sanctuary dedicated to wellbeing and the art of hospitality. You are welcome - one thousand years of history are waiting for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Il Borro Relais & Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Borro Hotel San Giustino Valdarno
- Il Borro Relais & Chateaux Tuscany, Italy