Il Borro gives the true tuscan experience. We stayed at a 2 bed villa in the middle of the vineyards which had it's own pool. You have all the freedom of self catering with the comfort of hotel facilities back at the main complex which has a fantastic restaurant (michelin star quality),a spa and all day cafe (sandwiches there were not too hectic). A car is essential to get you around the estate. We did a cookery course which was really good fun and good value and we also did the wine tour which was interesting. The old medieval village is nice to stroll around and has some shops. It is definitely a place to relax and kick back, read a book and do nothing at all. You can drive to some interesting villages in the hills or go to Arezzo which was one of the nicer towns we visited. But do not hire a car with Firefly without reading the reviews on trip advisor, our experience was similar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Telling its stories, a place becomes part of those stories. The legend takes on a life beyond the place and becomes timeless.The origins of the village of Il Borro are lost in the history of medieval Tuscany and the famous people who established the reputation of the region. Every alley, every stone speaks of a time that once was, of flavours and scents that recall the memory of a rare and more authentic Tuscany.Surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, in the shadow of the cypress trees of the ancient Via dei Sette Ponti, (an area rich in art and culture between the three main cities of Tuscany Florence, Arezzo and Siena), Il Borro is an open window on history, a fresco to a far away world. The Medici dynasty, the Savoia family and now the Ferragamo family have safeguarded and preserved this precious oasis, making this place, suspended between past and present, a sanctuary dedicated to wellbeing and the art of hospitality. You are welcome - one thousand years of history are waiting for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Il Borro Relais & Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Borro Hotel San Giustino Valdarno
- Il Borro Relais & Chateaux Tuscany, Italy