Villa Fontelunga was everything we had looked forward to and more on the first (of many we hope!) visits. On arrival at this beautiful place we were made to feel so welcome by Philip and Paolo that we felt at home straight away. Our room was beautiful with just the right mix of contemporary features and home comforts, even down to Molton Brown toiletries and lavender and rosemary bah salts. The view of the olive groves from our bedroom window was breathtaking and we never tired of it.
The grounds are beautiful - just right for a gentle wander with lots of relaxing places to sit. Unfortunately we did not use the pool as it was not warm enough during our stay in early April but maybe we can rectify that on another occasion!
Local information was supplied in the form of printed sheets and talking to Philip and Paolo who also suggested different routes to many of the places. They were also great in recommending and booking excellent restaurants serving beautiful fresh food, simply cooked. We enjoyed some lovely dinners, both at the Villa and elsewhere and eating breakfast outside on the terrace was always the first treat of the day. Paolo your recipe for marble cake was great - first one made and
Hope all the four-legged friends are well and that we shall see you all again before too long!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our holiday villas, owned and run by English and Italian friends, provide a stylish and relaxing retreat in Italy. Our Guests are warmly welcomed at their holiday accommodation and invited to treat their Villa as their "home from home" in an atmosphere of informal luxury. The elegant Villa Fontelunga is set above the Val di Chiana enjoying panoramic views across the countryside of Tuscany towards the hilltop town of Cortona, whilst the Villas are nestled close by in the historic Scannagallo valley. Crafted from traditional materials, the holiday villas are now a marriage of traditional Tuscan style and contemporary design. "Until now it has been difficult to find more than 'rustic charm' when it comes to villa rental in Tuscany; with our unique "Fontelunga" concierge service and luxurious contemporary styling, at last there is something more for the discerning traveller, your tailor made, perfect home away from home." Our holiday villas portfolio in Tuscany includes: Villa Fontelunga sleeping 16 to 18 (also run as a luxury "B and B") and within 10 minutes walk at Fattoria di Scannagallo in the Scannagallo valley, two new villas; Gallo sleeping 4 and Galletto sleeping 2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith and Priceline so you can book your Fontelunga Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Fontelunga Hotel Foiano Della Chiana
- Fontelunga Hotel Foiano Della Chiana
- Fontelunga Hotel & Villas Italy/Foiano Della Chiana, Tuscany