Myself and my fiance recently travelled to Florence to decide on a wedding venue for next year. I had browsed many a website on places to stay that looked chilled, amazing, chic and truly italian and this where I came across Villa Fontelunga. We stayed here for 3 nights over the last May bank holiday and it exceeded our expectations. Upon arrival, Paulo greeted us with - what would you like to drink? - Best words you can hear after a long day travelling. Instantly Paulo was brilliant and made us feel at home. It is a truly relaxed family affair here with an honesty bar (take what you want but just note it on a pad and they will charge it to your room).
We arrived on the Friday, and that night they were hosting a dinner for all the guests in the villa, which was optional. We were exhausted so stayed for the dinner and it was amazing!!! Paulo's mum cooked - she is the best cook ever! It was so much fun! We had Prosecco and anti-pasti to begin with outside, then had the main meal indoors! It was brilliant! At dinner we met the 2nd P - Philip!
The villa is elegant and chic, and instantly homely. Our room was lovely, and we learnt that each room has a colour theme. Breakfast is included, best coffee I had in italy that weekend! Plus freshly baked cakes and doughnuts!
The view from the villa is lovely. It is across the olive trees, the swimming pool and jacuzzi - rolling hills and the true tuscany! It is beautiful.
Philip and Paulo (the 2 P's) make this place something extra special. The love and attention that they bring to this is amazing and how they treat everyone is far exceeds the best customer service in top 5* hotels! The fact they remember your name, your history, why you are there, and actually try and generate an instant friendship with you is really special! They are not over the top, they leave you alone whilst being attentive. Truly relaxed!
We have decided to have our wedding somewhere else near Rome now but I actually am upset that we havent chosen here. I would love Paulo and Philip to come to the wedding though!!! P&P - speak to Rossana (our wedding planner extraordinaire!!)
I highly recommend staying here - it is truly unforgettable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our holiday villas, owned and run by English and Italian friends, provide a stylish and relaxing retreat in Italy. Our Guests are warmly welcomed at their holiday accommodation and invited to treat their Villa as their "home from home" in an atmosphere of informal luxury. The elegant Villa Fontelunga is set above the Val di Chiana enjoying panoramic views across the countryside of Tuscany towards the hilltop town of Cortona, whilst the Villas are nestled close by in the historic Scannagallo valley. Crafted from traditional materials, the holiday villas are now a marriage of traditional Tuscan style and contemporary design. "Until now it has been difficult to find more than 'rustic charm' when it comes to villa rental in Tuscany; with our unique "Fontelunga" concierge service and luxurious contemporary styling, at last there is something more for the discerning traveller, your tailor made, perfect home away from home." Our holiday villas portfolio in Tuscany includes: Villa Fontelunga sleeping 16 to 18 (also run as a luxury "B and B") and within 10 minutes walk at Fattoria di Scannagallo in the Scannagallo valley, two new villas; Gallo sleeping 4 and Galletto sleeping 2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith and Priceline so you can book your Villa Fontelunga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Fontelunga Hotel Foiano Della Chiana
- Fontelunga Hotel Foiano Della Chiana
- Villa Fontelunga Italy/Foiano Della Chiana, Tuscany