We stayed at Villa Fontelunga as part of a 3 week Italian holiday back in June 2012 (a bit slow to write our reviews!). I could not fault this place, it is one of the most relaxing, amazing holidays we have had. We had problems locating the villa as we had no GPS (we came from Florence). But, once we finally arrived we were greeted by Rob who was managing the villa as Philip and Paolo were having a well deserved break. Rob was so welcoming and we arrived just in time for dinner party on Friday night, what a fabulous way to start a holiday in Tuscany! From the second we arrived, we felt completely relaxed, the villa and the surroundings are just beautiful. The food was delicious, with freshly baked cakes and pastries for breakfast!! Rob was a wonderful host, so entertaining and just made us feel so relaxed and "at home", nothing was too much trouble. Philip and Paolo have put so much thought into the place, there are directions for absolutely everything you could think of and so many restaurants recommendations. We just had the most amazing time at Villa Fontelunga, we tell all our Australian friends about it and recommend it to anyone heading to Italy. I just can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our holiday villas, owned and run by English and Italian friends, provide a stylish and relaxing retreat in Italy. Our Guests are warmly welcomed at their holiday accommodation and invited to treat their Villa as their "home from home" in an atmosphere of informal luxury. The elegant Villa Fontelunga is set above the Val di Chiana enjoying panoramic views across the countryside of Tuscany towards the hilltop town of Cortona, whilst the Villas are nestled close by in the historic Scannagallo valley. Crafted from traditional materials, the holiday villas are now a marriage of traditional Tuscan style and contemporary design. "Until now it has been difficult to find more than 'rustic charm' when it comes to villa rental in Tuscany; with our unique "Fontelunga" concierge service and luxurious contemporary styling, at last there is something more for the discerning traveller, your tailor made, perfect home away from home." Our holiday villas portfolio in Tuscany includes: Villa Fontelunga sleeping 16 to 18 (also run as a luxury "B and B") and within 10 minutes walk at Fattoria di Scannagallo in the Scannagallo valley, two new villas; Gallo sleeping 4 and Galletto sleeping 2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith and Priceline so you can book your Fontelunga Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Fontelunga Hotel Foiano Della Chiana
- Fontelunga Hotel Foiano Della Chiana
- Fontelunga Hotel & Villas Italy/Foiano Della Chiana, Tuscany