We stayed here for a week in September for our Honeymoon. The Villa is set in the Tuscan hills and is a perfect setting for a relaxing break. Service was fantastic with Rob and Paolo always on hand for help and advice when we needed it. The relaxed and informal atmosphere encourages guests to mingle over breakfast in particular so it was nice to meet people but never overwhelming seeing as its only a small Villa. We attended the dinner party on our first night which was fun and food was great. They made extra effort to cater for my wife and I as we are both vegetarian which was much appreciated.
A great benefit here is that the hosts know everything there is to know about the local area so all of their recommendations for places to visit and eat were spot on. Another good addition at Fontelunga is they that have written guides for a number of the local attractions and restaurants complete with directions and with multiple copies of each one, you can help yourself and take them with you on your travels so no need for a guide book.
Overall we had a lovely, relaxing trip for our honeymoon which is exactly what we needed so thanks to the guys at Fontelunga for being such great hosts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our holiday villas, owned and run by English and Italian friends, provide a stylish and relaxing retreat in Italy. Our Guests are warmly welcomed at their holiday accommodation and invited to treat their Villa as their "home from home" in an atmosphere of informal luxury. The elegant Villa Fontelunga is set above the Val di Chiana enjoying panoramic views across the countryside of Tuscany towards the hilltop town of Cortona, whilst the Villas are nestled close by in the historic Scannagallo valley. Crafted from traditional materials, the holiday villas are now a marriage of traditional Tuscan style and contemporary design. "Until now it has been difficult to find more than 'rustic charm' when it comes to villa rental in Tuscany; with our unique "Fontelunga" concierge service and luxurious contemporary styling, at last there is something more for the discerning traveller, your tailor made, perfect home away from home." Our holiday villas portfolio in Tuscany includes: Villa Fontelunga sleeping 16 to 18 (also run as a luxury "B and B") and within 10 minutes walk at Fattoria di Scannagallo in the Scannagallo valley, two new villas; Gallo sleeping 4 and Galletto sleeping 2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith and Priceline so you can book your Fontelunga Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Fontelunga Hotel Foiano Della Chiana
- Fontelunga Hotel Foiano Della Chiana
- Fontelunga Hotel & Villas Italy/Foiano Della Chiana, Tuscany