Castello Gargonza is being loving restored and run by members of the family that has owned it since maybe the 1400's. They want guests to get the feeling Dante did when he stayed there. Well, the feeling he would have had if modern plumbing and wifi had been available in 1303.
I will admit that it took me a day or two to adjust to the atmosphere inside thick stone walls with small shuttered windows. At first I was upset that my room in the granary was not light enough or warm enough, but once I crawled under the comforter I slept like the well-fed guest I was. The next morning I explored cobbled paths and ancient buildings imagining what roll I would have played in castello life. Later we knit in a garden reminiscent of Under the Tuscan Sun. I also learned that I could have upgraded to a room with a fireplace, but by then I had fallen in love with Castello di Gargonza, just as it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castle of Gargonza is the ideal setting for those who wish a quiet retreat, far from the fast pace of the city and crowded areas, where you may enjoy the pleasure of a good book, strolls amidst nature, and small villages rich with the artistic history of the Tuscan hills, as well as the opportunity to savor the delicacies of traditional Tuscan meals and wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Il Castello di Gargonza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Castello Di Gargonza Hotel Monte San Savino
- Il Castello Di Gargonza Italy/Monte San Savino, Tuscany