We stayed at Castello di Gargonza in September 2013 for our daughter’s wedding, with almost 50 guests attending, the majority of whom were from Australia.
From the time we made initial enquiries, to carrying out an onsite visit prior to finalising the booking, and then in the lead up to the wedding, through to the period of our entire stay; the service, efficiency, organization and friendliness provided by Neri and his staff was simply outstanding, with nothing ever being too much of a problem.
The food throughout our 3 day stay was simply superb with the quality, quantity and variety being first class. The amazing buffet “Welcoming Dinner” held in the AIA Garden on the first evening set the scene for the balance of our time at Gargonza, with a similar superlative applying to the enormous breakfast choice on offer each morning.
In addition, the food in “Ristorante La Torre di Gargonza” (where the wedding reception was held) exceeded all expectations.
In our opinion and also those of the guests, Castello di Gargonza proved to be the dream wedding location with its beautiful 14th century walled castle hilltop village setting, which has been exquisitely restored and is reflected within each of the comfortable rustic charmed rooms / apartments etc. on offer. It was therefore not surprising to note during our stay that Castello di Gargonza recently won the Best Historic Hotels of Europe Castle Award 2013.
It is also little wonder that upon returning home to Australia, guests have continued to talk about the amazing venue and unforgettable experience of being able to attend a wedding at Castello di Gargonza.
It goes without saying, whether one is looking to hold a wedding at the venue; or is simply looking for a unique and memorable experience whilst holidaying in picturesque Tuscany, that we would have no hesitation in strongly recommending Castello di Gargonza.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castle of Gargonza is the ideal setting for those who wish a quiet retreat, far from the fast pace of the city and crowded areas, where you may enjoy the pleasure of a good book, strolls amidst nature, and small villages rich with the artistic history of the Tuscan hills, as well as the opportunity to savor the delicacies of traditional Tuscan meals and wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Il Castello di Gargonza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Castello Di Gargonza Hotel Monte San Savino
- Il Castello Di Gargonza Italy/Monte San Savino, Tuscany