“Simply the most wonderful horse trek!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baton Run Adventures Ltd

Baton Run Adventures Ltd
Ranked #9 of 22 things to do in Motueka
More attraction details
Owner description: Join Fiona on a one to five day horse trek through Nelson's untamed back country, located at the top of New Zealand's South Island 50 minutes from Abel Tasman National Park. Baton Run Adventures offers an experience well off the beaten track and we'd love to share this corner of the world with you.We like to keep trips small (five people or less) and personal, so you will be well looked after while still experiencing a sense of adventure. Come and explore five unique valleys bordering the Kahurangi National Park. Spend a day on a beautiful well trained horse and wrap it up with a stay in our Backcountry or Alpine accommodation.The ultimate adventure with the personal touch!
Newcastle, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Simply the most wonderful horse trek!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

For a start, I booked this ride very naively, as they don't generally run in winter. Fiona emailed me to tell me that even though they weren't officially open, she would love to go for a ride with me. Even though the weather had been a bit on and off with rain, we decided to go ahead and chance it while I was staying in Nelson. Fiona picked me up from the Baton Bridge and drove me back to the property where we saddled up two beautiful mounts. I was privileged enough to ride Ruby, who was the most honest, beautifully behaved and careful horse I've ever ridden - and I'm an experienced rider who has ridden for 12 years. The ride itself was absolutely breathtaking - the scenery is monumental and the bursts of trot and canter we managed to fit in on the dry spots was such fun! I would absolutely recommend Baton Run to anyone who wants to have a beautiful and enjoyable ride on lovely horses. A huge thank you to Fiona for having me!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Isabella M

Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant, absolutely brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

An excellent all round experience for anyone who wants a bit of fun and excitement, but also gain access to excellent scenery with the horse doing most of the work. Horses well kept and in excellent condition. Caters for all levels of rider, but particularly good if you know how to ride. Horse owner/guide is a great character. Not cheap, but you will certainly get what you pay for.

1 Thank Kingdom103
Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolute best riding place in New Zealand!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Are you searching for a great adventure experience? The Baton Run offers everything you want for a perfect riding day! Rides trough beautiful landscape, across crystal clear rivers and up to big hills or nice valleys on loverly horses! Beginner or experience, fiona and her horses take care of everybody.
Also sleeping in the nice cozy hut with the little fireplace for the night after a cold swim with the horses in the river was awesome. Don't want to leave this place! Thank you so much Fi, Suzie, Summer, Trinny, Duke, Antoinette, Emilie, Verano, Orca, Annie and Ruby for all the weeks full of fun!
I come back, thats for sure! Love xoxo

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jannalis
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Everything horse treks should be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

If you go on a trek with Fiona you will be taken care of and know that the horses you are riding are also very well taken care of. Fiona runs an amazing business in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Our time with Fiona and her horses was nothing short of one of the best days of our lives; beautiful, relaxing, fun, inspiring, and rewarding. Thank you Fiona, you are truly a wonderful person and a competent and knowledgeable equestrian.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank WeloveNZ
Navan, Ireland
“You have to do this! Awesome riding! Lovely people! Such a highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Both me and my husband (on honeymoon) would be pretty experienced riders having worked in racing yards for quite a number of years and having amateur jockey licences for a time. So while Fiona and her horses can cater for beginners or inexperienced riders, we both STRONGLY suggest any competitive or experienced riders to make Baton Run a MUST-DO during your trip to NZ!!!! Fabulous horses in great condition and a wonderful guide Fiona along with some of the best riding possible. Short of going on an African horseback safari I don't know how this place could be beaten. We really should have had a GoPro camera to show the kind of terrain we covered! We did the two days and stayed in the log cabin.had the best night's sleep of our trip so far. Wish we'd booked 4 or 5 days but I am making a plan to be back to do a proper multi day with Fiona and hopefully the little wonder-horse Suzie:)

Visited January 2014