“Best Horse Trek Ever!”

Baton Run Adventures Ltd
Ranked #8 of 28 things to do in Motueka
More attraction details
Owner description: Join Fiona on a one to five day horse trek through Nelson's untamed back country, located at the top of New Zealand's South Island 50 minutes from Abel Tasman National Park. Baton Run Adventures offers an experience well off the beaten track and we'd love to share this corner of the world with you.We like to keep trips small (five people or less) and personal, so you will be well looked after while still experiencing a sense of adventure. Come and explore five unique valleys bordering the Kahurangi National Park. Spend a day on a beautiful well trained horse and wrap it up with a stay in our Backcountry or Alpine accommodation.The ultimate adventure with the personal touch!
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I went for a horse trek back in December with my cousin and his friend who were visiting. Having been a trekking guide myself in the past (in the States and in NZ) and having gone on horse treks around the world, I was expecting tired horses that would simply follow each other. I couldn't have been more wrong!!! The horses were wonderful and very well looked after (not something you always see with working horses). And the most amazing part is that being an advanced rider, Fi set me up with an able and willing horse with good spirit, and yet my cousin who was a beginner rider got a calmer horse that definitely looked after him. Yet we could all ride together and not always in a line, which was a dream. And then, if the ride couldn't be amazing enough with the incredible scenery, we got to take the horses for a swim. It was a fantastic day!

1  Thank Steph M
"trail"
in 5 reviews
"canter"

Reviewed February 5, 2013

wonderful place, and if you stay overnight, you get to sleep in a very cozy cottage, to see such an incredible natural on horseback, then that you get to feel like home, many thanks to the wonderful Fiona for an incredible experience!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have been back for seconds, thirds and fourths and keep bringing new people to experience the wonderful hospitality, tasty home cooked food, gorgeous horses, perfect sky, soft cozy cabin, cool crystal waters, sweet smell of grass, gentle purr of wild life, frolicking lambs, dancing fan tails, deep cry of the lonely stag, rolling hills and snow topped mountains and last but not least and the topping on the cake a cool glass of pims!

Thank you so much for all the fun and sore bums, there are few places and experiences in life that encapsulate the simple things in life, as the baton Run.

1  Thank TheDreamMakerNZ
Reviewed January 31, 2013

As an experienced rider a went for a trekking break to baton run expecting the usual trekking experience but I was so wrong!

I had a fantastic time, it was such an amazing experience that I went back a week later for 8 days and was treated like a member of the family by Fiona, Richard, Daniel, Twiggy the dog and all the horses! I can truly say that I had the best time of my entire trip to New Zealand and probably the best few weeks of my life! There were tears when I left!

I would strongly recommend Baton Run to anybody, horsey or not, the whole experience is amazing (especially afternoon tea!).

Fiona is a credit to the equestrian world!

1  Thank Emma I
See more reviews
Reviewed January 31, 2013

WOW! What a amazing day set in a stunning place with a awesome guide and the most beautiful horses that have their own personality's. I did a half day trek with a friend and was amazed at the idyllic scenery and could have moved in on the spot. I had a very friendly horse who was easy to ride and I felt completely safe. I rod horse as a young teen but I had a slight nervousness as it had been many years. With instruction from Fiona I felt at ease and had no problems jumping back in the saddle after many years. It is a little way from the nearest town but that's why the beauty is so amazing. and its not to far away for it to be an issue. I HIGHLY recommend and would even recommend at staying in the cabins if available. Simply stunning. you will regret if you think its to far out. I'll be back again. Thank you Fiona.

Fiona S, Owner at Baton Run Adventures Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you so much.