“Over priced, but great atmosphere”

T.O.A.D Hall Store & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Motueka
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to T.O.A.D Hall Store and Cafe in Motueka! Our large Store and Cafe is Motueka's best kept secret. With emphasis on quality fruit, produce and caring service we are your essential stockist for fresh and organic supplies. Step into the store to find local produce, preserves, breads, fruit and vegetables. Enjoy delicious home-made pies, salads, cakes, a range of amazing menu dishes and coffee from our cafe and relax either in our enclosed (heated) cafe area or enjoy the sun in our expansive outdoor area, complete with children's playground and tree-house!
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I love the gigs that Toad Hall host. The outdoor area is fantastic on a warm summer evening. Dancing barefoot in the bark, munching on pizza and drinking great local brews. A perfect evening! The cafe food is fairly expensive for what it is. Great coffee great produce and great smoothies. I love that they're served in mason jars when you dine in.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Loved the food & really got a kick browsing in the store. It's like a country store with food stuffs & select Nick knacks, including children's' toys, kitchen cutting boards & wooden spoons.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

So glad we took note of the good reviews here on TA. Stopped for a late lunch on our way through over the Takaka hill to Pohara. It was a gorgeous sunny day so sat at one of the long picnic tables under an umbrella. The service was excellent as was the food and smoothies. The fish special was very fresh and tasty and accompanied by a very good salad. The smoothies were to die for and loved the jars they were served in, we tried the Tropical smoothie and the Immunity smoothie. Both great but tropical won the day for best smoothie. Hubby had the seafood chowder following recommendations on TA and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Note T.O.A.D. Hall is on the left just after the roundabout as you head into Motueka from Nelson so look out for it or you might miss it if expecting it to be in the centre of town. Well worth a stop. I would say I was expecting more in the way of supplies from an earlier post and was glad I wasn't relying on this to stock up. Really just organic fruit and vegetables and gluten free supplies plus a few extras that I could see. Worth a stop for the dining experience alone though.

Couldn't resist stopping for a smoothie again on our way back through :)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The food was delicious, prepared by a chef at the outdoor kitchen. It was fun to watch the chef - it was like watching a musical conductor. My husband and son had the steak and I had the bacon wrapped scallops. Everything was excellent, especially the presentation. Truly looked like a piece of art! We all splurged on dessert and it was worth every calorie. Highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank rvgal99
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We took my sister from Christchurch here for lunch today. We love their ice creams & berries, plus all of their other yummy made on the premises food & drinks. Peter had the best chowder ever, Ruth & I pan fried Terikei & mouth watering salad, Health drinks. Watching kids & the parents in the friendly playground. Great chefs & staff.

1  Thank Miriam G