“2 great days in canyons”

Abel Tasman Canyons
Ranked #1 of 14 Tours in Motueka
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Abel Tasman Canyons provides exciting guided canyoning trips in the popular Abel Tasman National Parks, the wild and remote Kahurangi National Park and the more accessible Mt Richmond Forest Park. We take you to our stunning places and help you to take a step (or two) out of your comfort zone. Slide down water polished chutes, jump into crystal clear pools and abseil through showering waterfalls.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Toine and Lee are world class guides who have found some amazing wet & wild canyons to lead people through. They have a great aptitude for balancing safety, fun, and have patience for all ability levels. I did the Torrent River and Waterfall Creek with them back-to-back days and had a blast. I can't imagine a better way to see the park or do an activity in New Zealand. It is not a surprise to me that they have all 5 star reviews as they truly earn them every trip.

AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thanks so much mate! We really had a great couple of days out with you. I think it is AWESOME when people do the double whammy. Your one of three to back trips up this season, and then straight into some rock climbing, well done mate! We'll go hunting for even bigger canyons for you!!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I did "Waterfall creek" with Abel Tasman Canyon's team, it was an amazing trip, everything was perfect : one day in the paradise,
thanks !

AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thanks Rod! Great canyoning with you, I'll have to come visit you in Europe!!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a fantastic day out in the Torrent Canyon. Highly recommend. Toine was a great guide laid back and down to earth yet safe! Cant wait to go again!

AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Good stuff Amy! Very nice meeting you both and I have to say great skills in the canyon! You are naturals! See you again next season!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

In fact come to New Zealand simply to do this.

I have spent nearly a year here in New Zealand and this has got to be my favourite trip by a long way. Able Tasman Canyons is awesome fun. It has everything, a day in the most beautiful national park in NZ, the water taxi to the stunning Anchorage Bay is a trip in itself, then a short an informative tramp through the National Park with some top views. Wait a minute, I've loved it already and we haven't even started the Canyoning!!
When you do get to the canyon, the adventure really begins, Toine and Lee are excellent as guides, somehow they manage to pull off a high emphasis on safety, but also max out on the fun, thrills and spills. They have you climbing, swimming, sliding, zip lining, abseiling, and jumping your way through the canyon, which is by the way, simply stunning! We did the Torrent River trip.
Its a laugh a minute the whole way, I was very impressed with the route, its constant action all the way, with great little snack and drink stops to keep you energised. The guys take some incredible photos too, and share them on facebook/dropbox for free.Just don't forget to 'Look Cool', which I for some unknown reason seemed to find incredibly difficult!

I really don't know what else to say apart from DO THIS!

All the gear you need is included, and as mentioned, drinks, snacks and a top lunch too. You really do get amazing value for money with Abel Tasman Canyons, considering all you get to do, and the trip is a full day out. Thanks again guys!

AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thanks Ian! You definitely look cool in most photos, there's a few interesting facials tho... ;) Thanks for a great day out mate! We'll see you again soon!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Seriously, this was one of the *funnest* days of my life. I had no idea what to expect and the day kept growing, evolving, and blossoming into more laughter, thrills, personal accomplishments and beauty than I could ever have imagine. Toine and Lee were a killer team to lead us - and I can't imagine a better experience of Abel Tasman!

AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thanks Lisa! You really challenged yourself in there, great job!