Skydive Abel Tasman
and up
Tandem Skydive over South Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enjoy a scenic flight with stunning views as you climb to altitude over snow-capped mountains, golden beaches and turquoise oceans...paradise. 16,500ft or 13,000ft skydive options over the centre of New Zealand. We provide an Individual Camera Person to capture your unique experience from start to finish, with a HD camera. Have your video individually edited and receive high quality digital photos.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Skydive Able Tasman was top notch!!! I have a fantastic time and the staff was terrific. We had rough weather the day we were scheduled to jump and they went out of their way to re-schedule us to fit our schedule and we had a perfect day to jump. Would go back again and again. One of the most beautiful places in the world to jump!!!

SkydiveAbelTasman, Manager at Skydive Abel Tasman, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

We do our best to call in the Sunshine Gods for you ;-) Thanks for coming all the way from Idaho to jump with us-so glad you enjoyed it!!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The day started with my friend and I being picked up right on time. Our driver, Terry, was funny and accommodating and very knowledgable about the area. He pointed out many sights along the scenic drive. The staff at the home office was really nice. They make you feel really comfortable and excited with what you're about to do!

I ended up upgrading to the 16,500 ft. Drop and I am so glad I did as it was my first jump ever. This allowed for over a minute of free fall. SO amazing with Abel Tasman in view. As soon as we touched ground, I wanted to go back up again. Thanks guys!

SkydiveAbelTasman, Manager at Skydive Abel Tasman, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Lovely! Thanks for taking the time to write. We just love hearing that you enjoyed your experience! Thank you for choosing to skydive with us :) Come back and do it again anytime ;-) Cheers!!

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Had such a great day at Skydive Abel Tasman, the free pick up from Nelson was so handy and although we had to wait around for a long time for our jump we really didn't mind at all. All the staff were really great with the exception of a blonde girl on reception who I found quite rude, but that was made up for by the rest of the bright sunny team they had there. Even the girls who fitted us out with our suits were really friendly.
Once in a life time experience and so glad we did it over the beautiful Abel Tasman
Highly recommended

SkydiveAbelTasman, Manager at Skydive Abel Tasman, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Hi! We are so glad you enjoyed your skydive with us-thank you for your patience on the day and taking the time to write this review! Our plane can take a maximum of passengers at a time so sometimes there are delays-however our team works hard to keep you aware and entertained in the meantime. I apologize if staff at reception appeared rude-we're a happy crew who genuinely care about our clients and each other :))

Reviewed February 18, 2014

OMG
My very first skydive was perfect. After walking the Abel Tasman Track with beautiful weather for 3 days, coming back to Motueka and while drinking coffee spontaneously being able to get the last dive of the day we almost couldn't believe how lucky we were.
So we were greeted very nicely, put into our suits and up went the plane. Our instructors were all really cool, talked us through, showed us the sights and I fell in love with the beautiful Marlborough, tinted in sunset light, flying quietly in happiness.

Thank you Skydive Abel Tasman for the unforgettable time!

Thank you for skydiving over paradise! We agree skydive=happiness :)

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had been waiting until I came to NZ to do a skydive and boy, thank goodness that I did! From the phone call to book, to getting me back to the hostel, the Skydive Abel Tasman team provided first class service. They do a pick up and drop off anywhere within the region and even took me between hostels in Kaitiritiri and Nelson so I saved on bus fares!
Staff spoke to us on the journey and seemed genuinely interested in what else we had been up to which must be hard the amount of people that they deal with each week. Once at the shop, staff were calming, informative and supportive. It really helped put me at ease and they kept us up to date with when we would be jumping.
The guy that I did the tandem with was awesome and unbelievably reassuring and positive about the situation the entire way up in the plane. He kept talking to me and pointing out points of interest which kept my mind off the fact that I was about to chuck myself from a plane!
Then there are the views once you jump! Turquoise waters, bright blue skies, rainforest, beaches, views to the north Island. Really was a once in a lifetime thing! Thank you so much Abel Tasman team!
The only slight downside was that my photo disc didn't work (DVD did). Gutting because I wanted to see them there and then but awesome because one phone call and it was sorted! Extremely apologetic and a new disc is on its way to me no questions asked.

1  Thank travellingteacher84
SkydiveAbelTasman, Manager at Skydive Abel Tasman, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Yeah! So glad you had a great time!! I've shared your comments with our team as we all work together to make sure everyone has a memorable experience. Thanks for your patience with the CD and taking the time to write about your skydive! We hope to see you again next time you are in NZ.