“WOW!”

and up
Tandem Skydive over South Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enjoy a scenic flight with stunning views as you climb to altitude over snow-capped mountains, golden beaches and turquoise oceans...paradise. 16,500ft or 13,000ft skydive options over the centre of New Zealand. We provide an Individual Camera Person to capture your unique experience from start to finish, with a HD camera. Have your video individually edited and receive high quality digital photos.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had been waiting until I came to NZ to do a skydive and boy, thank goodness that I did! From the phone call to book, to getting me back to the hostel, the Skydive Abel Tasman team provided first class service. They do a pick up and drop off anywhere within the region and even took me between hostels in Kaitiritiri and Nelson so I saved on bus fares!
Staff spoke to us on the journey and seemed genuinely interested in what else we had been up to which must be hard the amount of people that they deal with each week. Once at the shop, staff were calming, informative and supportive. It really helped put me at ease and they kept us up to date with when we would be jumping.
The guy that I did the tandem with was awesome and unbelievably reassuring and positive about the situation the entire way up in the plane. He kept talking to me and pointing out points of interest which kept my mind off the fact that I was about to chuck myself from a plane!
Then there are the views once you jump! Turquoise waters, bright blue skies, rainforest, beaches, views to the north Island. Really was a once in a lifetime thing! Thank you so much Abel Tasman team!
The only slight downside was that my photo disc didn't work (DVD did). Gutting because I wanted to see them there and then but awesome because one phone call and it was sorted! Extremely apologetic and a new disc is on its way to me no questions asked.

1  Thank travellingteacher84
SkydiveAbelTasman, Manager at Skydive Abel Tasman, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Yeah! So glad you had a great time!! I've shared your comments with our team as we all work together to make sure everyone has a memorable experience. Thanks for your patience with the CD and taking the time to write about your skydive! We hope to see you again next time you are in NZ.

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

There's nothing much to say about these guys. They gave me the best thrill ever. The staff were all superbly wonderful, the packages are well priced compared to the rest of New Zealand and most of all the whole experience was super.

1  Thank jwhizza
SkydiveAbelTasman, Manager at Skydive Abel Tasman, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

So glad you came to visit and enjoyed your skydive over paradise!! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience :)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The skydive was alright, I can't say anything against that but I spent more than 2 hours waiting for my skydive to start and wasn't really told about what was going on at all. The staff weren't exeptionally friendly, as I was told they were going to be, so I felt like leaving even before it started. I came alone so it would have been nice to be greeted and talked to. I've seen that happen to other customers and somehow felt ignored. I did enjoy the skydive, that was a great experience and the views were great but I would have enjoyed it more if the base team would have been more welcoming and attentive. Too much money charged for it. Go skydiving but maybe somewhere else.

SkydiveAbelTasman, Manager at Skydive Abel Tasman, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience and bringing it to my attention. I'm really terribly sorry that you felt forgotten by our staff! Our aim is to make every client's experience special. We really enjoy what we do and care very much about our customers so I was truly saddened to hear that you felt neglected. I will certainly take this up with the team so it won't happen to anyone else again. Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Jumping out of a plane from 16500 ft... no biggy! Spectacular views of the Abel Tasman and coastline delivered by first class staff who were all so friendly and fun to be around. Very impressed with the facilities and their focus on the jumper.

From being suited up at the very beginning to the landing, everything was exhilarating! Breathtaking (literally at that height)! Amazing! Indescribable! WOOOOOOOO INCREDIBLE!

One of the longest free falls where you feel like you're floating in the clear blue sky and then one of the more incredible scenic glides back down to reality. Highly recommended experience that ended all too quickly. Must do this again!!

We're so happy you decided to jump with us and enjoy the views over paradise! Thank you!!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Abel Tasman Skydive, was INCREDIBLE! The staff is totally centered on providing you the ultimate experience! My first jump, and will never forget it! The photographer, jump masters, all first rate, highly professional, and fun! Their focus is totally on their jumper. I was SO impressed with the facilities, people, equipment. I truly felt I was in the best hands. And the experience proved that out. I cannot recommend it highly enough! If you want to skydive, this is the team to go with! Have a blast! :-D

1  Thank Kevin E
SkydiveAbelTasman, Manager at Skydive Abel Tasman, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thanks for doing you jump with us and we're happy you enjoyed it. We strive to put people at ease so they can really have fun outside their comfort zone! Hope this inspires you to try other adventures. Thank you for choosing us-your comments made us all smile! :)