“Sweet as”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Biella, Italy
“Sweet as”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Delicious food in a delightful environment. Service is neat, the owner very kind and prices are affordable. Best carrot cake we've had in NZ. Don't miss it!

• Visited October 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant and were pleased to see Nasi Goreng on the menu. When it arrived it was a huge portion far more than anyone would eat, with plenty of shrimps but the whole dish was overpowered by the salt taste, which masked every other flavour. The waitress asked if our meal had been ok when we paid and I said it was rather spoiled by the salt. She asked the manager if she could reduce the cost as we had not enjoyed it, he said "No". Coffee was good.

Visited December 2013
Nelson, New Zealand
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Went here for shared pizzas. I thought it was very good value for money and really enjoyed the pizzas. Someone else in our party thought they lacked a lot of flavour, but I disagree.

Visited December 2013
Aarhus, Denmark
“Exceeding expections”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent breakfast this morning with beautiful setup, fresh fruits and local produce. Smiling and friendly service.

“Kitchen nightmares”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Oh dear. Came here on a recommendation (change of owner) but wished we hadn't. Cheap and cheerful place with a bar so weren't surprised there was no byob. A choice of 3 red wines, all allegedly local, and we got presented a South Australian Shiraz.
The Kiwi Special steak and a veggie pizza was ordered at 7.30. A bottle of wine later (around an hour) saw various people come to the bar and complain, wrong orders sent back to the kitchen and one waitress prop up the bar. We got our food at 8.35, the pizza tasty but stale base. The steak was very tough (I had a scotch fillet rare), the coleslaw had no mayo, the caramelised onions were the 3 day old scrapings from the edge of the hot plate smeared on the leathery steak. Two frisbee-like burnt fried eggs topped the meal. The chips were fine. Even good! We waited for the plates to be cleared to discuss the shortcomings of the meal but this never happened. So a trip to the bar to have this conversation in public led to us meeting the owner (the waitress propping up the bar). She was very apologetic but, at her own admission, had had a few wines. I think her comments that: 1) things always fell apart when she wasn't working, 2) she didn't know what had happened tonight and 3) then blamed her staff for everything, led me to write this review. Also the fact I'm pretty greedy and will normally eat everything put in front of me, but had to leave half of this meal was very telling. I've never written a review like this before but I really felt I was in an episode of Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares! Oh, we didn't have to pay for the steak, which was good of her.