Copthorne Hotel & Resort Hokianga
$316
$72
Loredo Motel(Kaitaia)
$72
Bay of Islands Country Lodge Motel(Kerikeri)(Great Value!)
$74
Hotwire.com
Kerikeri Park Lodge(Kerikeri)(Great Value!)
$93
Travelocity
Kauri Park Motel(Kerikeri)(Great Value!)
$84
$82
$113
$89
Motel Kerigold Secluded Chalets(Kerikeri)(Great Value!)
$105
All reviewssand dunesnew zealandstunning locationsuperior roomharbour entrancewine listan upgradeoverlooking the waterno air condinner menuamazing viewslittle thingslarge roomkauri foresta great place to staygreat roomlovely spot
Reviewed February 6, 2010

During my two day stay for a recent celebrity wedding, I cannot speak highly enough on the hospitality, and professionalism of ALL the staff at this hotel. The meals were excellent, The cleanliness of the units, and the area as a whole was great, and the bar staff were absolutely awesome. I reflected on the aforementioned during a speech I made at the ceremony I attended, and judging by the response from all the guests present, they echoed my thoughts, so I hereby write these comments on their behalf as well. Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2009

We had been recommended Copthorne by a NZ friend, and she said Omapere is only worth going to if you stay at Copthorne. And I agree. Not much goes on here, but staying at Copthorne and being able to look out over your own beach and the water is just lovely. A beautiful place to relax. Don't miss the sandboarding by taking the ferry across!
Copthorne was slightly expensive (for me anyway), but definitely the pick of the town.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2009

We stayed here for one night as part of a tour of NZ. We were a large group and the hotel coped well with 46 people. The hotel is a major employer within the community.

This is a small community hotel with one of the most beautiful locations I have seen. The rooms were basic but spotlessly clean. The staff were helpful and friendly and the service was very good. From our observations they all work together at what needs to be done to make the hotel succeed. The restaurant staff worked hard and had laid on a Hangi feast for our group, and whilst not overly impressed with this it was obvious that a lot of time and effort had gone in to its preparation. Breakfast the next morning was much better.

We had one of the newer rooms which overlooked the Bay and whilst we thought it to be more motel style it contained everything needed for a nights stay. The views from the room were superb.

Access to the beach is from the hotel and late evening/early morning strolls along the beach gave us some magnificent views of the bay and surrounding area.

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed November 30, 2009

As we were on a tour, we only stayed the night and it was ok.

Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed November 25, 2009

We stayed here nearly a year ago, but now I'm a TripAdvisor member I wanted to add my review. We booked directly with the hotel, and got a deal that included breakfast for all of us - I can't remember how much it was, maybe $200, which was pretty good value, especially for that time of the year. We got one of the older motel-style 'suites', the closest to the bar at our request, with a door opening out on a lawn that rolls down into the harbour and an astounding view. The 'suite' itself was a bit shabby, but perfectly comfortable, and adequate if sparse cooking facilities - plenty of room for us to spread out. The bar and restaurant is great - as we got the room we wanted, we were able to have dinner with the aid of a baby monitor after Eli had gone to bed. We shared a crayfish that had been collected from the trap in the harbour that afternoon - just fantastic. The breakfast was great too. Service is indeed a little 'inexperienced', but very relaxed and friendly. We spent both evenings in the playing pool, and much of the day sitting next to/in the swimming pool (not heated) or wandering along the harbour. Don't expect five-star service, but as a relaxed location where you don't have to worry about your kid running around, this place is fantastic. We're dying to get back and try out the 'flasher' hotel rooms.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family