“Wow!”

The Good Bar
Ranked #1 of 3 Nightlife in Cat Ba
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Good Bar is the oldest western bar on Cat Ba, right in the centre of town on the 1st and 2nd floors of the Noble House building. Recently under new management, with a beautiful view of the bay, you can dance the night away with beer for just 20k (less than £1,$1,€1) and a fun and friendly atmosphere or spend a few hours in our chill out area.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great service upstairs at the bar. The two western girls working there are super nice and helpful! I would definitely recommend coming here while in Vietnam, and I will 100% be back myself!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"bay"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

This bar seems to aim just at tourists with mainly western food on the menu.

I chose a beef burger that was just bizarre. I have no idea what it was made of but it tasted like it was made with a lot of filler was bright pink - even though cooked right through - and didn't even taste of beef.

On top of this it seems pretty over priced. I'd keep to the traditional local places to the right hand side of the harbour if I were you.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Scam warning. Buy two beers get one free, they told us, but refused to give us our free beer since we sat at the "wrong" part of the bar. Staff annoying as well.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Go to this bar if you want to hang with hippies, loud music and lots of shirtless westerners. Just avoid the cocktails! They're Buy One Get One Free for a reason - zero alcohol content. Pretty revolting too!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The bar is filled with Western people, especially in the evening when u get a free cocktail with every cocktail that you order. Unfortunatelly the music is always too loud which prohibits talking quite a bit. The drinks are o.k. and it is open until 12, so it is the biggest bar in town.